Author Topic: Lakoocha Vs Kwai Muk  (Read 699 times)

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
Lakoocha Vs Kwai Muk
« on: February 02, 2021, 04:37:02 AM »
Lakoocha vs Kwai Muk. If you only planted one, which would it be.

I did find some older comments leaning one way or the other, has anyone had good examples of both?

All my trees are pruned and grown on 15ft/4.6m centres if that matters and climate is sub tropical with minor frosts.

Thanks all.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:29:23 AM by Ulfr »

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Lakoocha Vs Kwai Muk
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 05:12:36 AM »
I have tried both and noticed there is quite a diversity in fruit quality in both. A friend has 3 kwai muks in a line and one has great fruit and is very red inside and the other two have smaller fruit which are still fine but not of the same quality. Lakoocha vary even more in fruit size and shape and taste. Some are very pleasant and not sour at all and have apricot tones.
Kwai muk taste better in my opinion, it is more cold tolerant and is a more compact tree. I think if you are getting good cultivars kwai muk is the one to plant.

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 06:03:25 AM »
Thanks Mike

Will start the search for a good tree down here. If you keep any seeds next time from that friends good tree let me know :)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 07:18:25 AM »
Daleys had a source in northern NSW I think. If I can get that good one I will get some seeds to you. They do have a juicy fig like quality about them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk