Author Topic: achachairu and cabeludinha, what do you think? m. glazioviana or glomerata?  (Read 1382 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, I got these plants from Misiones this week. The seller said that cabeludinha is m. glazioviana, from seeds from Brazil, and that the fruits has a lot of pulp and very sweet... it sounds good, what do you think, do they look like m. glomerata or m. glazioviana?

And this achachairu or pacurí: she said the fruits are orange (not yellow as another native species) and very sweet too, would it be garcinia humilis like she believe?

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
Hi, I got these plants from Misiones this week. The seller said that cabeludinha is m. glazioviana, from seeds from Brazil, and that the fruits has a lot of pulp and very sweet... it sounds good, what do you think, do they look like m. glomerata or m. glazioviana?

And this achachairu or pacurí: she said the fruits are orange (not yellow as another native species) and very sweet too, would it be garcinia humilis like she believe?

The achachairu in your photo is identical to my garcinia humilis (which is young and hasn't fruited yet).
Michael

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas

The achachairu in your photo is identical to my garcinia humilis (which is young and hasn't fruited yet).

very thanks! I HOPE SO!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
The first 4 photos are M. glazioviana. The last photo might be achachairu. Leaves are right shape, but mine are more glossy than the ones in your photo. BTW all the fruits turn yellow first and then orange when fully ripe.
Oscar