Author Topic: Artocarpus sp as a rootstock for Prainea limpato (Artocarpus limpato) ?.  (Read 1225 times)

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
Well Prainea limpato is closely related to Jackfruit family and I was wondering if someone in here tried to graft it on one of the Artocarpus species ?.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:05:36 PM by EvilFruit »
Moh'd

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
Cashew is sometimes used as a rootstock for mango in dry areas. it is supposed to increase the production of mango according to the study i posted in here long time ago.

Since Marula is also from Anacardiaceae (cashew family) and I have lots of marula seedlings, I will tray to graft a mango scion on it.

Also i will try to graft Prainea limpato on Jackfruit or Breadnut by using "approach grafting method" if I had a chance.
Moh'd

Ethan

• Central California Z9/9
    • View Profile
Good luck Evilfruit! I've been testing various artocarpus sp. on jack rootstock. Who knows, maybe p.limpato on jack or breadnut might work. It for sure won't work if you don't try!

BTW, I've been told artocarpus bud grafting is the way to go. I've only tried cleft/wedge and approach.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info Ethan.

Soon, I will try Mango on marula, just waiting for the weather to get a little better. The Canopus star (Suhail Star) can be easily seen by the naked eye and arrived earlier than I expected so the winter will arrive early too.
Moh'd