Author Topic: 2020 Grafts  (Read 728 times)

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
2020 Grafts
« on: June 23, 2020, 01:55:21 PM »
I have been trying my hand at grafting this year and seeing some success. Can't be 100% sure of all of them but I wanted to share some photos and maybe others could share their grafts from this year too:

Couple black star pitanga seedlings with Zill's scions grafted on top

Zill's grafted on vermillion, nice thick scion

Zill's grafted on lolita, again a thicc boi

Heavily grafted white sapote, this thing hasn't flowered but is a giant: grafted on Santa Cruz, Pike, Lammertz, Lemon Gold, Suebelle, Supersweet, Nettie, and Walton

Suebelle and Lemon Gold grafted white sapote, with another Zill's on black star seedling

What appears to be a successful graft of Zill's on a senior and large lolita pitanga

I had this dead branch on the bottom of my grafted vermillion more senior pitanga, and I found green at the base, so I tried another Zill's on this

This is one I hope a more senior grafter can advise on: I see the scion is dead up top on this loquat (Vista White onto seedling) - are these just rootstock pushing through? Or will this be Vista white?

Successful Vista White on my neighbour's horrendous loquat seedling (it is awful!)

An even nicer success on the same, Vista White

White Jabo on Sabara, appears to be a take

Yellow grumichama on red grumichama, I tried 3 other cleft grafts with no luck, but this one is a maybe, it was green when I tipped it to check

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Grafts
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 02:23:08 PM »
Regarding the dead loquat scion, based on what I can see, you are growing root stock and should lop it off and re-graft if you have access to scions.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Grafts
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 02:42:49 PM »
Regarding the dead loquat scion, based on what I can see, you are growing root stock and should lop it off and re-graft if you have access to scions.

That was what I figured too. I'll probably just lop them off and let it grow again as is. It's in a terrible location (in the crook of an oak tree) and will probably never succeed long term. Thanks for the help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk