Author Topic: Wanted: Passiflora Ligularis vine  (Read 2252 times)

Kuhyay

• Zone 10a
    • San Diego, CA, USA
    • View Profile
Wanted: Passiflora Ligularis vine
« on: April 16, 2020, 07:54:35 PM »
I'm looking for an established Passiflora Ligularis vine in the San Diego area. I know that exotica has some seedlings but I'm hoping for something a bit more mature.

Thanks!
Kenny
Kenny

noochka1

• Miramar, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Passiflora Ligularis vine
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 05:11:31 PM »
Too bad you're not in Florida.  I have one I need to dig up. 

Kuhyay

• Zone 10a
    • San Diego, CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 06:53:53 PM »
I’d be interested in buying some  cuttings of the passiflora ligularis you’re digging up. Would you be willing to sell some?
Kenny

noochka1

• Miramar, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 09:39:47 PM »
Sure, but I would like to give it a couple weeks to recuperate.  I dug it up today and stuck it in a pot so it's had a bit of a root pruning.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 07:23:31 AM »
There is a tempting offer here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Passiflora-ligularis-grenadilla-passion-fruit-plant-in-pot-40cm-flowering-age/383251802407 but i have tried 4 times to pay and buy, every time  payment was reversed without a specific reason given, i don't know why. You may try and see if you are more lucky with that Poland nursery. It is said it is flowering age and looks quite healthy in the photos. In case you get to buy from there, please let me know.

(Of course you may try with seeds, available everywhere, this is what i did yesterday, planted seeds, but you and me know quite well that seeds need patience and even then we can't be sure that they will germinate and grow up)

I'm looking for an established Passiflora Ligularis vine in the San Diego area. I know that exotica has some seedlings but I'm hoping for something a bit more mature.

Thanks!
Kenny

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 10:18:51 AM »
There is a tempting offer here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Passiflora-ligularis-grenadilla-passion-fruit-plant-in-pot-40cm-flowering-age/383251802407 but i have tried 4 times to pay and buy, every time  payment was reversed without a specific reason given, i don't know why. You may try and see if you are more lucky with that Poland nursery. It is said it is flowering age and looks quite healthy in the photos. In case you get to buy from there, please let me know.

(Of course you may try with seeds, available everywhere, this is what i did yesterday, planted seeds, but you and me know quite well that seeds need patience and even then we can't be sure that they will germinate and grow up)

Thanks!
Kenny
I buy it some time ago but it didn't arrived yet... don't know why.

scottsurf

• san diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 10:14:56 PM »
I bought one of the seedling from exotica couple months ago, they where in pretty poor soil(to many uncomposted woodchips) and the cold so it was barley growing
put it a 2gallon pot of good soil and a unheated green house and it growing nicely.
heres a pic of it just planted it to a 45 gallon container

Kuhyay

• Zone 10a
    • San Diego, CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 01:24:57 AM »
I bought one of the seedling from exotica couple months ago, they where in pretty poor soil(to many uncomposted woodchips) and the cold so it was barley growing
put it a 2gallon pot of good soil and a unheated green house and it growing nicely.

Those are some happy looking plants! If only I didn’t kill the seedlings I got :x
Kenny

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
Did you contact the buyer prior to make the payment to see if he would ship a plant from Poland to the US?

Thanks!
Kenny

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 12:57:12 PM »
How much did you pay for the seedling?

Kuhyay

• Zone 10a
    • San Diego, CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 04:48:19 PM »
Did you contact the buyer prior to make the payment to see if he would ship a plant from Poland to the US?

Thanks!
Kenny

I reached out but didn’t receive a response. I paid $10 for the seedling I got from exotica
Kenny

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
exotica site
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 08:28:19 PM »
Excuse me, may i have a link for that exotica site? Searching the web, i found only an exotica named nursery in Australia, specializing in Nepenthes only.

Kuhyay

• Zone 10a
    • San Diego, CA, USA
    • View Profile
Re: exotica site
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 08:45:38 PM »
Excuse me, may i have a link for that exotica site? Searching the web, i found only an exotica named nursery in Australia, specializing in Nepenthes only.

http://www.exoticararefruits.com/
Kenny

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 07:21:52 AM »
Thank you. Anyway, that Exotica site is unlikely to send plants outside the USA, because generally all USA nurseries do not send overseas; when you open that link you gave me, you only see a video, there is nothing like a catalogue of available plants. It is surely good for those who can visit it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk