Author Topic: Aracai Boi Eugenia Stipitata  (Read 12120 times)

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
Re: Aracai Boi Eugenia Spitatata
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 04:51:35 PM »
Is that the sororia fruit Luc?

Yes Don .
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 02:28:41 AM »
Do you have this ssp. Coconut ? Larger and different flavor than the regular stipitata .

Strangely enough , just like you , I have problems fruiting the Sundrop - E. victoriana . 5 meters tall constantly flowering and no fruitset.

Luc I dont have this orange Araca Boi in my collection, that look more like a sun drop to me the deep orange flesh.  I would love to buy from you this Luc's araca boi orange flesh strain to add to my breeding.  My sundrop is 14 feet and a decade old and shaded but I  had recently cut down an atemoya. I planted two new sundrop seedlings hoping that three tree will x cross pollinate!  My sundrop flower four time a year from heavy watering & feeding but never set fruit like your too, so I am hoping three trees will increase fruit setting & I am going to dump zinc sulphate to see if it could induce fruit set like my Whitman Fiberless!  I got to keep a closer eyes on you Luc, I can not beleive I missed this rare Lucaraca Boi!😩👍
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 05:49:18 PM »
The Baracoi Snob is flowering again, setting fruits for January 2016 and my wife will be thrill we are having this everbearing pot cultured friendly fruit for italian gelato tonite!  Last fruit 2015 Harvest today, if we have this repeat 2015 results in 2016, folks I dare say we got a named Araca Boi variety.  Nullzero will have a name voting poll; I am partial to Named it Redneck Baracoi Snob!😆

I know it's appear that I am always selecting and breeding for fruit trees that have everbearing tendency; us Redneck git a big families og y'un an most our clans y'all  are not drownings in wealth; just a lot of love and good eating, anything to makes abundant is to share all.

Of the 200 plus seedlings grown out in 2015 as I recalls, many had die in my Choctaw Gauntlet Selection, here are two I couldn't believe my eyes its flowering this early 10 months and grown in the regular soil taken from the coprolite neighbor I hate next door when he snowbird North👹'; its pure sand an coquina rocks full of the finese root knot nematodes I could find.

If you have a Araca Boi that is unique I would like to add it inti my breed/ selection process!  Preference now for one that is grown in poor soil and neglect but kicked out fruit and flower super early!  I buy or trade, I want seeds or seedlings thanks in advance!😃👍🏻👍👍🏾👍🏿

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:57:40 PM by Coconut »

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 05:56:54 PM »
Really nice looking fruit, its making my mouth water, I love sour fruits to start with. If you want I can make a separate thread with a poll for a good name.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Miguel.pt

• Portugal, Northwest, climate 9a/9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 05:58:54 PM »
Here is one plant I am growing on a 20 litter pot and fruited first time this year.

It flowered very late on the year and fruits were still hanging on the tree despite being winter here... I decided to harvest the fruits this week-end because I realised they were starting to split (do not know if it is a cold effect or what?)

The inside flesh is white and the flavour was identical in any aspect to those of other Eugenia stipitata fruits I tasted before... but the really interesting feature here is the small size of the seeds these fruits had... each fruit had 2 or 3 seeds and these were the smallest seeds I have ever seen for this species... that probably makes the flesh to seed ratio the biggest for all the myrtaceae fruits I have ever seen...

I will give this beauty a bigger size pot soon and I will see what happens next years.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2015, 08:21:41 PM »
Interesting the skin doesnt appear to be fuzzy...and the color is very pale
Maybe  it's something other than  stipitata ?
Here is one plant I am growing on a 20 litter pot and fruited first time this year.

It flowered very late on the year and fruits were still hanging on the tree despite being winter here... I decided to harvest the fruits this week-end because I realised they were starting to split (do not know if it is a cold effect or what?)

The inside flesh is white and the flavour was identical in any aspect to those of other Eugenia stipitata fruits I tasted before... but the really interesting feature here is the small size of the seeds these fruits had... each fruit had 2 or 3 seeds and these were the smallest seeds I have ever seen for this species... that probably makes the flesh to seed ratio the biggest for all the myrtaceae fruits I have ever seen...

I will give this beauty a bigger size pot soon and I will see what happens next years.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:25:04 PM by FlyingFoxFruits »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Aracai Boi Eugenia Spitalata
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »

The fruit splitting happen to me when we had an over drench wet summer when they were getting large and like nam doc mai they split.  Maybe you over water it too much trying to speed it up.  Deffinitely a 50-100 gallon would do miracle in term of production for this Blonde variety Miguel.
Miquel it is definitely unique the seeds and fruit color said it all.  I am interested in purchase or trade.  I will call this Miguel Porto Blonde Araca Boi...PM send.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:22:17 PM by Coconut »

Miguel.pt

• Portugal, Northwest, climate 9a/9b
    • View Profile
Re: Aracai Boi Eugenia Stipitata
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2015, 02:33:19 AM »
Please don't call it "Porto"... I'm a BENFICA guy so associate my name to Porto is a little bit offensive to me.

P.S.: for the distracted ones reading this please be aware that "Porto and Benfica" are the two major Portuguese football teams (Soccer for the Americans), being Porto the team from Oporto City and Benfica from Lisbon.... same as Real Madrid and Barcelona for Spain.

SLB...SLB...GLORIOSO SLB...GLORIOSO SLB

CARREGA BENFICA!

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2015, 05:08:36 AM »
Please don't call it "Porto"... I'm a BENFICA guy so associate my name to Porto is a little bit offensive to me.

P.S.: for the distracted ones reading this please be aware that "Porto and Benfica" are the two major Portuguese football teams (Soccer for the Americans), being Porto the team from Oporto City and Benfica from Lisbon.... same as Real Madrid and Barcelona for Spain.

CARREGA BENFICA!
;D ;D ;D Me too! Boas festas Miguel!

Grapebush

• Portugal, Madeira Island, Funchal, 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2015, 06:27:56 AM »

CARREGA BENFICA!

Vê-se logo que é boa gente!!!

It could only be a good person!!!

SLB, SLB, SLB Glorioso SLB...
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 10:11:29 PM »

CARREGA BENFICA!

My Apology for offending all the Porto Rican and Portugese Fruit Fanatics of footbal persuasion, I am bad!😂  Miguel how about Miguel Blonde Europa Araca Boi!  👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 When I think of Portugal the first thing that pop in my mind is Port Wine🍷🍾 and I thought Porto sound like a Neutral name for origin of the cultivar you have selected; I am glad you point out the correction or we end upon replacing tomatoes with Araca boi as hooliganis projectiles at these soccer matches over colorful disagreement.  Yes in America we have our sport religion too and its just sacrereligious to unmentioned a few things but we used guns to settle the matters at tailgating parties.

This hiccup remind me of producing an earlier version  line of Pakistani Low Latex Jack that is sold to the South Asian Market in New York and New Jersey about 25 years ago.  I call up the Pakistani/bangladesh buyers told them I have the Pakistani Jack they ask me to grow and they buy mine by the containers.  I call up the South Indian buyers and they try a container and call back its a hot seller.  They ask me its so good what variety, so I said Pakistani; no reorder came.  This was a time when you had conflicts between India vs Pakistan and the Civil war in Siri Lanka rage on seem endless or something like the fog of history I can not recall!

So I call up my College Buddy Dharma(who gave me the original business contacts) in New York by than a prominent International lawyer and his Wife Sohini a Goan Indian CFO of a Biotechnology company in New Jersey.  They had a lot of death threats and of resistance from both Siri Lanka Tamil Tiger Side of the Family Versus Indian side when they got married here in America; being Native American I was the Neutral best man and told the wedding parties that the Old world problems stay behind in the old world.  Dharma gave me free legal counsel for free;  S. Asian Community in America has not integrated fully so they told me what we damm American is Good at; change the name!  And Sohini his wife is some high Brahman caste chic and she counsel me to name it High Class consciousness.

The hardworking Jew in New York were Highly respected and often imitated by the S. Indians whom work for them and came to Associated Boca Raton as Were Rich Jews go to retired and President of the United States  Come to Beg!  Ok I call up the Indian Buyers and told them I got ten containers of Boca Snob jack better than what they sample ( same thing under new management--name change) and very popular with the Jewish Folks down here (I gave samples of it to all my Jewish friends and neighbors and they love it especially all the Rabbi and Lawyers, its 95% in my hood and I am the Token Redneck Choctaw Indian Mixed trail here)  sold!  I sold five containers to the S. Indian at triple the prices and I call up my Pakistani/Bangladash buyers and told them the Indian is buying this Jewish Jack grown in Boca Raton ( at one time this whole city of Boca Raton was the Largest Mangoes and Pineapple Plantation) and double the price for the Pakistani buyers Loyalty; they won a fixed five years forward contract.  My Indian buyers what the market will bear!

All I can say is the Fruit War in New York/New Jersey  between these two new immigrants over a name with their old world rivalries in America saved my ass, rather than a financial loss I keep buying land back that the White Man stole from us when Columbus arrived in the new world in Northern West Palm Beach or is it the Bahama or Dominica I forgot, please excuse this old fart!

Sohini is a genius for naming it Boca Snob Jack, back than the fruit was not as red orange thick crispier flesh and nor practically no latex as the several different line generations developed now grown in Boca Raton (actually West Palm) and several other counties in S. Florida.

I recall many years ago when I work for Morgan Stanley, I recalled people were demonstrating and boycotting french food, wine and demontrating at burger king, Mcdonald boycotting French Fries Everytime the French DeGaul-Mitterand stick their fingers Up our ass, the USA.  Its stupidity, like Emanual Rahm; never miss an opportunity to profit on a crisis.  I short the restaurant stocks and than write cover letters on my options and retired early from that stressful Walkstreet Money Management job after seven biblical years of  trading horses.

So Yes Miguel no offending fruit name for this political correct site; now how will I profit, maybe I buy up all the port wine in Portugal! 🍷🍻🍾 Or buy arm stocks and Get The US To invade Portugal and seperate these warring soccer city states; nah I just watch you guys slug it out on ESPN over a bottle of Porto Vino!😜
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:48:29 PM by Coconut »

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 02:52:12 PM »
Q:  Had gotten some seeds fresh from a fruit I collected.  I think I put them in a pot in September/October.  Nothing has popped up. I checked the seeds and still sink.  Is germination typically that long?  It's in a shaded area now, but may have to put it near more sunlight possibly to induce germination? 

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 08:35:57 PM »
They are very slow.  We sometimes germinate them in a plastic bag like palm seeds you expect to take a long time.  Check the seeds for rot.
Suerte, Peter

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 04:21:34 PM »
They are very slow.  We sometimes germinate them in a plastic bag like palm seeds you expect to take a long time.  Check the seeds for rot.
Suerte, Peter

i look at it every so often, dig out a seed or two very gently to make sure i don't disturb any possible roots.  but they all are still sitting in the potting mix.  dense and still sink in water when i test them.  but good to know that i am still on the right track as opposed to just throwing them away.