Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Biowash soap

(1/2) > >>

murahilin:
Has anyone used Biowash soap for their fruit trees? http://www.fertilizerboosters.com/

Their website makes the product seem like another snake oil. I first heard of it a few years ago at Excalibur. Treehouse Nursery originally told them about it and they sweared by it.

I didn't believe the whole cation exchange thing it said but it did work well as a surfactant and it was also good at killing white fly and other pests. Most soaps will do the same thing. I liked using Biowash over the other soaps though because it said it was natural and that was likely not true with dish soaps, etc.

Anyone have any experiences with it?

I just bought another gallon.

FloridaGreenMan:
Ask Maurice Kong... He is the Biowash whisperer!   

Sleepdoc:
I have used it as a sticker spreader, and to clean scions prior to grafting.  I didn't feel like it increased the graft's success.  It did seem to be a nice sticker spreader.  If it kills whitefly, then maybe I should order some more of it ..

fruitlovers:
I'd rather use one gallon Dr. Bronner soap. I'm sure it's better quality soap, cheaper, and if you want you can get it with eucalyptus essential oil already mixed in to help repel bugs. Most health food stores sell it.
Oscar

TropicalFruitHunters:
I wouldn't ask Maurice the time of day!  Yes...Sheehan...I've used it as both a wash and insecticide.  I spent a good while on the phone with one of their guys one day and tried my best to follow their suggestions to kill pests.  I saw no impact on thrips whatsoever.  I also did not see much or any impact as a wash.  If something was on the plants...mold, insect residue, other...it's not coming off just by spraying the product onto the plant.  It requires washing by hand and really...any other soap would work just as well.  So I was sort of disappointed.

I would like to hear if someone trustworthy used the product to treat for disease and such.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version