Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Thanks Guanabanus! 48 26 atemoya, is one of my favorites!

(1/4) > >>

FlyingFoxFruits:
x

bsbullie:
Say hello to Lisa.  I have seen them sell here in Palm Beach County for $3-$4/lb.  Yes, they are very good though some may argue that Gefner is a bit better.

HMHausman:
If only mine looked or tasted anything like that.  Mine (and it grew to be quite a large tree) would barely fruit and the fruit, when it did set any,  was poorly pollinated and mis-shapen.  In speaking with Har, he indicated that there apparently was a problem with this cultivar with respect to some rootstock variability.  Some trees could fruit themselves to death and others barely fruited. My tree apparently got a rootstock that made the cultivar not worth growing.  The tree got taken out by the hurricane and was no great loss.  I have had Lisas from other trees and I am one of those folks that thinks that Gefner is far superior. I believe that Har said that if he had had his way, he would not have released Lisa (48-26) when it was released. His vote was to await another year of breeding before unveiling it to the public.  Zill decided otherwise. As Adam indicates, some folks are quite happy with that deicison.  Especially if the next generation of breeding was ultimately lost to obscurity.

Harry

Cookie Monster:
Zill's currently propagates those on cherimoya rootstock.

Tropicalgrower89:

--- Quote from: jeffhagen on March 09, 2012, 11:20:25 AM ---Zill's currently propagates those on cherimoya rootstock.

--- End quote ---

Can that have a negative affect since cherimoya trees do not like hot and humid weather?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version