Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Luc’s Mexican Garcinia vs Achachairu - Video comparison - Garcinia Showdown

(1/7) > >>

Sleepdoc:
We put Luc’s Mexican Garcinia to the test.  Check out the vid

https://youtu.be/uX-eo5tspd8

Gone tropo:
Great video thanks for sharing, how do you rate the purple mangosteen against these two?

cbss_daviefl:
Mangosteens are better. But even if I had unlimited access to mangosteen, I would still eat both Luc's and achachairu. The flavors are different enough to keep it interesting.

Mike T:
I have eaten a lot of Garcinias of all kinds including good dulcis, lucs, russells macrophylla madrono megaphylla, the main SE brazil species achachas etc and many mangosteen varieties. Mt view is that the queen has a very shaky grip on the throne.
Lucs has a taste almost as good as mangosteen and flesh yield is ok for an American but the texture is less than ideal. I'd still have it in the top 5. Mangosteens especially the better lines like mesta are pretty good with a nice taste and flesh yield can also let mangosteens down generally. Imbes are like vitamin c tablets, gardneriana, brasiliensis and intermedia are too small with too little flesh to be contenders. Megaphylla is on par with achacha in taste and flesh yiels as well as size and is just a bit sweeter but these are not the big guns.
Ok number 1 Russell sweet with size, flesh yield and nice peachy taste putting is ahead. The taste ideally could be a little more intense. 2 Mangosteen and I don't need to describe the queen, 3 Macrophylla and Lucs by proxy as I have never had a really big fat fruit. 4 Now it gets more subjective with more contenders like cherapu, magaphylla, achacha and dulcis. Maybe a good big sweet form dulcis gets this spot but most are not sweet enough but they have good flesh yield.

Mike T:

The macrophylla in that handsome paw at the top shows why I rank it highly. The Megapylla below shows the fruits similarities to achacha but it tastes better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version