Author Topic: Exoticplants.bg  (Read 2486 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Exoticplants.bg
« on: August 28, 2019, 05:25:09 PM »
This is a nursery in Bulgaria wich it seems it has the best offer in the whole Europe and the prices are more than decent( 3-4 times cheaper than in Romania).
There is the language barrier but using a translator helps while surfing their website.
Lots of authentic cold hardiness info are presented.
Anybody has experience ordering from them?
I tryed this last spring  but i got late reply to my emails and i ordered from romanian shop instead.
http://exoticplantsbg.com/gb/

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Exoticplants.bg
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:58:41 AM »
Hello i have ordered from them one time. It was a little hard communicating and after the order was sent it took maybe 20 days and 3 times reminding for them to send the invoice, but the plants arrived all in perfect conditions exaclty as the product was described

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 06:13:27 PM »
This is a nursery in Bulgaria wich it seems it has the best offer in the whole Europe and the prices are more than decent( 3-4 times cheaper than in Romania).
There is the language barrier but using a translator helps while surfing their website.
I tryed this last spring  but i got late reply to my emails and i ordered from romanian shop instead.

We have in Romania also, what are you looking for? I have mangoes, avocados, dragon fruit, bananas, citrus and many more for sale.

I am not so sure how accurate they are. For instance Key Lime
Price:23.90лв.
Лайм - Citrus aurantiifolia.
Възрастни растения с дебели стъбла - плододаващи с плод или цвят.
Студоустойчивост до -7С за растението и -3,5С за плодовете

They say key lime survives down to -7 C which is not true, under +10 C it starts to lose leaves and at +3C starts to die.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 09:59:30 PM »

We have in Romania also, what are you looking for? I have mangoes, avocados, dragon fruit, bananas, citrus and many more for sale.

They say key lime survives down to -7 C which is not true, under +10 C it starts to lose leaves and at +3C starts to die.
Good to know ,after i finish the greenhouse.
On bulgarian shop i was looking to buy grafted american persimmons ,japanese kaki ,and grafted pawpaws.

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 01:37:48 AM »

On bulgarian shop i was looking to buy grafted american persimmons ,japanese kaki ,and grafted pawpaws.

This year i will am planing to buy also those trees for my garden. They seem to have a really big variety! just keep in mind that last year they run out of some varieties of persimmons really fast!!

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 12:24:50 AM »

This year i will am planing to buy also those trees for my garden. They seem to have a really big variety! just keep in mind that last year they run out of some varieties of persimmons really fast!!
Did you ordered from them this year?
Im still struggling to comunicate with them.

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 01:26:25 AM »

Did you ordered from them this year?
Im still struggling to comunicate with them.

No not online, i am planing to go by car in April to pick up some plants. As for talking to them maybe you should try calling them by phone. The last time this was the only way to get a quick responce.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 02:19:22 AM »
Ive called them on both phone numbers but it doesnt work( says network is occupyed).
On whatsapp they replyed me once then they didnt replyed in the past few days altough they read the messages.
I think il search for another source,pay more for less but at least i want to have somme custommer support.
Last year when i contacted them they replyed after a month and by that time i allready bought my trees from different sources.

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 04:31:52 AM »
Ive called them on both phone numbers but it doesnt work( says network is occupyed).
On whatsapp they replyed me once then they didnt replyed in the past few days altough they read the messages.
I think il search for another source,pay more for less but at least i want to have somme custommer support.
Last year when i contacted them they replyed after a month and by that time i allready bought my trees from different sources.

If you can find the plants you want elsewhere then its better to pay a little more than spend time trying to contact them.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 04:49:16 AM »

If you can find the plants you want elsewhere then its better to pay a little more than spend time trying to contact them.
If you want persimmons from them i think April its late considering how warm this winter was.
They sell the persimmons  with bare root and if they break dormancy and leaf out while they are not planted its really bad for the tree.
I hurry a little so that i avoid buying trees that broke dormancy .

giorgosgr

• Greece, Attica 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 04:54:41 AM »

If you want persimmons from them i think April its late considering how warm this winter was.
They sell the persimmons  with bare root and if they break dormancy and leaf out while they are not planted its really bad for the tree.
I hurry a little so that i avoid buying trees that broke dormancy .
I know April is far from ideal for planting persimmons, pluots and pawpaw that i am planing to buy but i will be there for vacation so i just hope they will survive

kernol

• Austria 6b/7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 03:49:51 PM »
They have quite a few different Ziziphus jujuba varieties, too bad they dont seem to be that reliable.
Has anyone ordered Jujube plants from there or know some other european sellers of Jujube trees that have other varieties apart from the common varieties such as Lang and Li?

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 04:03:28 PM »
I have tropical jujube that can grow only in pots.  I can graft that if anyone is interested.