Author Topic: Biggest storm in CA about to hit!  (Read 3561 times)

AnnonaMangoLord45

• LeafyMango
  • I love Mangoes
    • SoCal zone 10b
    • View Profile
Biggest storm in CA about to hit!
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
Everyone in CA, prepare your Shiite, because this is gonna be a doozy!
Winds of up to 50-60 expected, 750 mph not out of question

AnnonaMangoLord45

• LeafyMango
  • I love Mangoes
    • SoCal zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest storm in CA about to hit!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:45:59 AM »
Can you please delete this mods, thought it didn't send, Thanks!

Guayaba

• USA, California, San Diego, 10b Sunset 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 11:05:01 AM »
Everyone in CA, prepare your Shiite, because this is gonna be a doozy!
Winds of up to 50-60 expected, 750 mph not out of question
But it is so right on and concise, just change the 750 to 150 and we will be fine  :D
Bob

AnnonaMangoLord45

• LeafyMango
  • I love Mangoes
    • SoCal zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 11:38:22 AM »
Sorry, just a typo

ricshaw

• USA, Southern California, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • ricshaw805 YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 12:09:17 PM »
Remember, California storms eventually head East.   :'(

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 09:57:08 AM »
Am just freaked out to watch Cali go from a severe drought to record rainfall.  You guys OK?  The doom and gloom mass media has you all but floating away.

Mark

BajaJohn

• Mexico, Baja California Sur, Loreto, Hot Desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 10:28:20 AM »
It looks like the storm is dying down now. Hope everyone in SoCal did OK. We're now getting fallout in Baja but only 30 mph gusts and only 0.5" of much needed rain.

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 11:18:37 AM »
Am just freaked out to watch Cali go from a severe drought to record rainfall.  You guys OK?  The doom and gloom mass media has you all but floating away.

Mark
Mark
Fine here in la habra. We got 2.75" gust exceeded 30mph but nothing devastating. Of course you have to use common sense you don't go out for dinner & coffee and go on a hike. I stayed home turned on the fireplace made some chilly open up a bottle of the fines California Chardonnay and watch a movie.

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 11:59:12 PM »
lots of fallen trees and broken branches  in long beach and I'm not talking about small trees.   in garden grove my 2nd year sweetheart survived w/out any protection besides the house.  luckily the gust was blowing in one direction which the tree was semi protected lol firefighter sirens was blaring all day yesterday

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »

Mark
Mark
Fine here in la habra. We got 2.75" gust exceeded 30mph but nothing devastating. Of course you have to use common sense you don't go out for dinner & coffee and go on a hike. I stayed home turned on the fireplace made some chilly open up a bottle of the fines California Chardonnay and watch a movie.

Happy to hear you're OK and enjoying a bottle of Chard!  Yeah mon!  Have been in hurricanes and tropical storms that dropped up to 18" in 24 hours (Beulah was one) and it aint no fun.

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 11:56:45 AM »
We've been with out power now twice in last week, had a big 210' eucalyptus left from grove i planted 30yrs ago that I left for raptors started leaning towards neighbor's house Friday in middle of storm. Luckily know pro who got a couple people over and guy had to climb and limb tree then topped but left 100' trunk standing and they tried it off to big redwood I have close to house about 150' away to keep it on my property in case it wanted to fall. But there back today chipping up limb's and cutting rest of trunk down! Too much excitement for me!! But sure are grateful for brave Hispanic's who do all the tree work around here!!!

Garcinia

• Horticultural addict
  • The philosopher of fruit
    • Marin, California, zones 9b and 10a (though I keep most plants in a greenhouse)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »
I'm out of the state right now, but I haven't heard anything.
The hardest plants to grow are often those most worth growing.

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 05:38:46 PM »

Mark
Mark

Happy to hear you're OK and enjoying a bottle of Chard!  Yeah mon!  Have been in hurricanes and tropical storms that dropped up to 18" in 24 hours (Beulah was one) and it aint no fun.

Thanks Mark
I've been in pretty bad typhoon in Okinawa and PI this was nothing compared to hurricanes or typhoons. The Chard was for the wife I prefer Cabs!

JeffDM

• USA, San Diego, Ca. 92129. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 03:44:56 PM »
All of my papaya plants (even the 10 footers) survived the wind gusts, but the constant rain over the last several weeks is causing them to drop leaves too quickly and all look a bit sickly.  I hope warmer drier weather will help them snap out of it.

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 12:37:15 PM »
All of my papaya plants (even the 10 footers) survived the wind gusts, but the constant rain over the last several weeks is causing them to drop leaves too quickly and all look a bit sickly.  I hope warmer drier weather will help them snap out of it.

Standing water in the roots is very bad for papaya,  even for a few hours.  here in the tropics , Papaya are planted on steep mounds where filtration is slow.  I have seen plastic ground cover used also.

On the hand I have seen wild trees, just growing fine on their own like weeds.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk