Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 620661 times)

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1450 on: August 22, 2018, 12:41:37 PM »
Some customer's are a pain in the ass and unreasonable/rational. Sight them from afar and and don't take the money, not worth it. A ton of questions and changes when you have clearly stated what your offering can be an indicator of this sometimes.
Either way , this is the Newbie Intro page , better to defend your situation on your sell thread.
And Welcome to all!  8)

In recent events I was accused by another forum member by a couple of things.

He says I swap seeds and than people get different seeds then what they pay for.
In his case i had to swap two kinds of seeds out of 8 because of the nature of his order (it had to be posted on the same day with EMS, to ensure that the rest of his seeds arrive to inspection unsprouted)
Normally I always communicate if i don't have something available, and we find a solution together with the buyer. In his case and in the situation we were in this was unfortunately not an option.

He also accused me of cancelling his order based on the wording that he found on the tracking page of the package.
"24 Jul 2018, 04:27:00 PM   Export cancellation Item disposed off according to sender's instruction."
Obviously the package was not cancelled destroyed due to my instructions. It would be suspicious and very counter-productive from me to call the customs and ask them to destroy my package (if such thing is even possible). They did it on their own unfortunately.

I am sorry for your losses Paul.
I keep on working hard to provide everyone with great seeds and great customer service.

bluehorizon71

• Chengdu,Sichuan,China
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 23, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »
Hello, everyone. My name is Hui Chuan. I live in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. This city is the largest city in Southwest China. I have an organic vegetable farm and an organic orchard. I like traveling, photography, delicious food, tea ceremony, cooking, planting all kinds of plants. I like making friends. If you want to know me, please leave a message for me.

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #1452 on: September 01, 2018, 07:49:20 PM »
MAN v Fruit and I am from San Diego, I grow wide varieties of rare figs, Garcinia, Eugenia , Passion Fruit and Jaboticabas.

if you like to see pictures of some of my collections, feel free to like my page, I appreciate all the likes and support :-)

https://www.facebook.com/manvfruit/

Betelleafgrower

• United KingdomHYWHNH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 26, 2018, 04:07:46 PM »
Hi I’m Louise and I live in the UK. I love growing tropical plants from seeds, and acquiring plants from all over the world.  I like a challenge as I don’t have a greenhouse so all my growing is indoors. Currently I have Cherimoya, Piper Nigrum, Cinnamon, Bael fruit, papaya, Betel leaf, Mango, Salak, Longan, Psidium guava,Coffe,tea, Camellia sinensis,  and jackfruit. I’m non commercial just a hobby grower. Most of my plants are seedlings, a few are grafted plants bought overseas or in the UK. Recently got a Piretto Lemon and fruiting pomegranate. I hope to gain some knowledge from those who are experienced growers of these fruit, and keep my plants alive and thriving.🌴

Sven_chinotto

• Belgium, Brussels, Zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 05, 2018, 03:57:36 AM »
Howdy!

I'm Sven from Brussels, Belgium. I was a member of the citrus forum and also here but I kind of forgot about this one. Now I accidentally stumbled on this one when I was looking if th citrus forum would be up again and I saw many familiar names here that I remembered from the citrus forum.

Cheers!

Cheerios!

Sven

DrFman

• FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: October 13, 2018, 08:19:42 AM »
Hello
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 10:00:02 AM by DrFman »

New_Jungle

• USA, Hi,Hilo, 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 27, 2018, 09:57:35 PM »
Hello everyone! I’m a fruit tree growing newbie on the island of Hawaii! I usually grow carnivorous plants and aquatic plants but since I now have the space, I’m expanding to fruit trees! I look forward to learning and sharing knowledge with everyone!
The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time to plant one is now.
Follow me on Instagram: newjunglehawaii

wagnerrx03

• Greater Boston, MA 6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 13, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
Hello guys, I'm from Boston here but grew up in Brazil.  I miss having mango, lemon, grape and other trees in my backyard.  I would love to be able to grow something in a pot up north, the goal is to bring it out in the spring and in for the winter.  I will be starting with dwarf meyer lemons.  I look forward to learning a lot from you guys.

Birricannia

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 28, 2018, 04:10:41 PM »
Hi, my names John, I am in southern QLD Australia. After years of living in western qld where it is super dry, I am now in an amazing climate for growing subtropical fruit (Sunshine Coast). Studied horticulture many years ago and it’s nice to get back into it on a hobby level, plenty of room so I have planted so far....
Avocados (reed and Sheppard)
Mango (Kensington pride, or Bowen specials as we call them)
Lychee
Citrus (Washington navels, Myer lemon, three cumquat,kaffir lime)
Pecan
Mulberry
Wampi
Yellow and black jabotticaba
Feijoa
Pomegranate
Guava
Tropical apple
Fig (brown turkey)
Malabar chestnut
Blake sapote
Panama berry
Kiwi berry
Loquat
Banana
Malay apple
Peach
Nectarine
Soursop
Cardamon
Miracle fruit
Finger lime
Jackfruit
Blueberry, raspberry, loganberry.

I think that’s it haha, also have some seeds on the go for jujube and goji berry. Any suggestions welcome as to what oddball stuff I may have missed (there are a few I haven’t put in yet like mangosteen and macadamia). Awesome forum by the way.

raulsu

• valencia-españa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 01, 2018, 03:43:48 AM »
Hi all
I'm raul de valencia in Spain
I read you with attention and I hope to learn from you
a greeting from Spain

californicus

• San Jose, CA, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 16, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Udhay from San Jose, 9B. My wife and I are recent converts to gardening, especially growing fruit trees. We planted a few common varieties available around our area (peach, plum, cherry, etc) and now started looking for more exotic ones . I look forward to more discussions and help regarding many topics we will surely have in seeking new varieties, planting and caring for them.

DuaneC59

• Rancho Cucamonga, CA Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 17, 2018, 01:27:22 AM »
Hello,

I'm new to the forum but have read the threads many times to learn more about mangoes.  I have been "obsessed" for about 2 years and have about 20 plants, mostly in pots.  I would like to grow enough mangoes to share with my colleagues and friends.  I live in Rancho Cucamonga, CA  -- Zone 10a.  Looking forward to learning and contributing.

Bee

• San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 23, 2018, 10:07:32 AM »
Hello,
I am so happy to find this forum.  I’m relatively new to growing fruit trees (less than 3 yrs), but I’ve always heard nostalgic stories about my family’s orchard in the old country.  So, I bought a house that already had a number of established trees, and have been pretty relentlessly adding to it. I have a lot to learn, especially when it comes to tropical fruit, so thanks for this forum.

soniasapota

• USA, Big Island, Puna, 13a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 07, 2019, 03:02:40 PM »
This forum is just wonderful. :) I am so excited to learn and share. I am only beginning to grow fruit - I have <1 acre to work with, but not an inch is going to waste. Particularly excited to find unique varieties of tropical fruit available in the Hawaiian Islands.

zfallon84

• Florida, Zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 15, 2019, 10:27:24 PM »
Hello, I am Zach. I am currently pushing the zone in USDA zone in 9A, Florida, USA. I currently have a few types of bananas that I am over-wintering, Avocados, and numerous different seedlings. I also plan on doing some temperates, since they will be more productive. Nice to meet you all!

jtnguyen333

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 09, 2019, 09:56:52 AM »
Hello..My name is James in the San Diego area.  I'm interested in growing edible fruit trees.  I have never grown any fruit tree so I'm here to soak up all the knowledge and information.  Hopefully, I will be able to contribute in the future.  The first two trees that I'm planning to grow is an avocado and a moro blood orange. 

shiro

• France La Rochelle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 17, 2019, 03:07:17 PM »
Hello, my name is Joffrey and I'm French.

First of all excuse my English I still have gaps to complete.

I usually graft, fruit trees, ornamental trees etc.
For two years I have been researching the adaptation of tropical trees by grafting or by culture process.

I hope to increase my knowledge of tropical fruit with you.

saltyreefer

• Palm Bay, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 08, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »
Hi ya! I live in Palm Bay Fl. Central East coast Fl
Been lurking for a couple weeks and love the info on here!!

My trees:
Ruby Red grapefruit
Washington navel
Dancy tangerine
Lemon (forget what kind)
Honeybell tangelo
Calimandun (spelling)
Kent mango
Haden mango
Carrie mango
Glenn mango
Just picked up the Honeybell today.

Draak

• East Bay Area California, zone 9a/b
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 15, 2019, 02:04:26 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm a new homeowner in northern california. I've lived the majority of my life in Indiana, where my family attempted to grow 40+ apple trees, 20+ pear trees, wine grapes, and black raspberries. Deer destroyed all but 1 pear tree and 2 apple trees, of which only a single apple tree ever fruited  ::).

Like most in my new area, I have a very limited amount of yardspace to grow anything. Regardless, I started to get excited about growing fruit. Despite that I am in a zone 9, my area get enough chilling hours that I can grow some of the interesting non-tropical fruits; I have 4 varietals of pawpaw, fig, persimmon, golden sweet apple, husk sweet apple, and Bentley sweet apple, orange, grapefruit, and tangerine.

Of course, I'm here because I'm interested in growing strange & unusual things! I've been blown away by the unique information available on this forum. I'm trying to figure out what else I might be able to grow in my zone 9. I'm still engineering my space to grow as much as possible, but at the top of my list to grow next is Suebell Sapote, Black Surinam Cherry, Feijoa, Jujube, Guabiju, and Eugenia Candolleana if it would survive!

I LOVE annona fruits, and I might be able to get some to survive here alongside my pawpaws, but I've read that most really do a lot better at setting fruits in humid environments.

I'm very happy to have any suggestions to add to my list =).

John Smith

• New member with an Old Soul
    • Central Florida (9 a/b)
    • View Profile
hello from Central Florida (9a)
« Reply #1469 on: March 23, 2019, 09:00:47 PM »
greetings from Kissimmee
I'm finally downsized enough in life just to piddle in a few hobbies
that I have had to put off for a long time.
presently have a few Loquat, Lychee, Surinam Cherry and orange trees.
my interest isn't just raising them but to improve the product with grafts
and cuttings and see where it goes.
just an old dog learning new tricks
-- Failure is proof that you at least tried ~ now, go do it again, and again, until you get it right --

Phoenix From The Ashes

• Tampa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: March 24, 2019, 12:47:05 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Bryan. I'm a new member and wanted to say hi. I have a 20 avocado trees and 3 mangos newly planted in my yard. Avocado varieties include: Duke, Ulala, Oro Negro, Golden, Monroe, Lila, Mexicola, Mexicola Grande, Joey, Bacon, Carmen Haas and even a Indonesian Red. One of my Mangos is a Nam Duc Mai. I love tropical fruit, and find much of what's offered in the local grocery store, especially mangos, rather tasteless. I also garden and I like motorcycles and spearfishing. I live on 2.25 acres just outside downtown Tampa, that is why I'm able to have so many fruit trees. Nice to meet everyone and I'm looking forward to learning from your experience. Thanks.

Nicolas Naranja

• Pahokee, FL
    • View Profile
    • NK Lago Farms
« Reply #1471 on: March 30, 2019, 05:01:33 PM »
Hello, my name is Nick and I am a tropical fruit grower in Pahokee, FL.  I have a good microclimate next Lake Okeechobee that keeps things warm.  I haven’t been below 40F in a few years.  I’ve been farming fruit since 2009.  I grew sugarcane and vegetables as part of my day job from 2005-2016. My specialty has been bananas and plantains, but I have dabbled in avocados, mangos, papayas, and pineapples.  I am expanding this year by planting a few more acres of plantains and more late season avocados.  I make my actual living as a food safety and social responsibility auditor, since I got hit pretty hard in 2016 and 2017 by hurricanes.

599gh888

• 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 01, 2019, 04:06:51 PM »
Hello Tropical Fruit Lovers,

My name is David and I have been growing tropical fruits in pots for the past three years.  My current collections are guavas, longan, fuyu persimmon, many 5 gals cultivar of mangoes.  I am looking forward to meeting and talking to you all about tropical fruits.

Sincerely,
David

Mango_Seed

• Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 09, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »
I grew up on a dead end street in the middle of a citrus grove. One day they cut down all the citrus trees and put up a shopping mall.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:25:30 AM by Mango_Seed »

SHV

• Escondido, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 10, 2019, 07:42:21 PM »
Hello, my name is Jason and I live above the San Pasqual valley of Escondido, CA.  I manage a small vineyard (1100 vines of 3 varietals) and maintain ~30 mature Hass Avocado and 30 Citrus trees as well as various other deciduous fruit trees on the property.  My primary passion is for tropical fruit trees with recent plantings of 20+ mango varieties, 6 guava varieties, papaya, sapote, tropical cherries, pomegranate, carambola, cherimoya trees and passion vines.  I am looking to improve the success of my fruit farming though this forum along with contributing to shared knowledge. Cheers!