Author Topic: How do I get my money back  (Read 3429 times)

Hana321

• la quinta, ca, 9B
    • View Profile
How do I get my money back
« on: January 22, 2020, 10:27:35 PM »
Hey all, just wondering in the unfortunate situation that a seller fails to deliver an order as promised, how do I get my money back. I paid for some seeds on the 8th, they replied to me on the 13th that they were preparing the order. I messaged again yesterday, asking if the seeds ever went out and they have not replied in over 24 hours. HELP!

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get my money back
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 10:50:02 PM »
I’d wait 48 hours after the email if you don’t hear back contact PayPal. Not getting a fast response sometimes happens, fruit people are not the most punctual.Hopefully the seeds will end up shipping out. If the person doesn’t get back to you, post the username so other people don’t have that problem too.

Best wishes.

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 11:21:32 PM »
You have to have patience in the tropical fruit game...24 hrs is not patient enough. Give them much more time to respond. People have lives outside of this forum with travel, family, etc.. When you plant a seed, you don’t get fruit overnight...patience is a virtue.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:12:31 AM by FV Fruit Freak »
Nate

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 11:31:44 PM »
You have to have patience in the tropical fruit game...24 hrs is not patient enough. Give them much more time to respond. People have lives outside of this forum with travel, family, etc.. When you plant a seed, you don’t get fruit overnight...patience is a virtue.
👍

Paraponera

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 01:38:06 PM »

👍👍
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

Albert Einstein

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 05:25:08 PM »
isn't also lunar new years

PedroAC

• Colector from Azores Islands, Portugal
    • Ponta Delgada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 12:13:51 PM »
I'm on the same situation with a big amount of money involved, but you have to relax and most importantly always pay by paypal or similar. Some sellers have to wait for the seeds to be shipped overseas. Try contact them through the facebook page if they have them, usually they reply much faster.

LaurenKnox

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 05:11:17 AM »
spam
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 10:42:51 AM by JakeFruit »

staimy

• Portugal/Algarve
    • View Profile
    • Tropical Fruit Forum
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 07:43:28 AM »
I am also in the same situation I bought seeds at seedshuntershop already 3 months ago and sent a message on email and facebook and no reply ...

brcb7tuner

• Livingston
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 01:43:25 AM »
Had the same issues with seedhunters. Had to do a paypal dispute, then got a response. Then he lied numerous times about sending a plant to make up for it.

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »
Just add, Patience is the name of the game in this business as many can attest. Patience ripening. collecting the seeds, mailing now takes patience. Finally getting the buggers to germinate. Not everyone is living on a computer and will answer a msg in 20mins some take longer and some take much longer. Always use paypal.
There are many good reliable , and trustworthy sellers.

In the end there is always risk in involved. Life is all about experiencing, growing and learning.

shmojojojo

• Southern California, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 04:51:26 PM »
All this advice is still relevant, but you guys realize in a few days this post will be a year old. It can happen when people see January and still haven't adjusted to the year switching over
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 05:02:31 PM by shmojojojo »

Dangermouse01

• East coast, Central Florida
    • USA, Palm Bay, FL 32907, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 05:32:21 PM »
All this advice is still relevant, but you guys realize in a few days this post will be a year old. It can happen when people see January and still haven't adjusted to the year switching over

Or a spammer revives a year old thread, posts a sentence or two of some what relevant info, then segues into how the workers are poorly paid and posts a link to a app that will pay you to play games.

shmojojojo

• Southern California, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 08:08:52 PM »

Or a spammer revives a year old thread, posts a sentence or two of some what relevant info, then segues into how the workers are poorly paid and posts a link to a app that will pay you to play games.

Yikes, I didn't even notice the link. Same user also bumped a post from 2016 ;D also with a link, but I think it's harmless.

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 09:08:30 PM »
 :o :o ;D

did not realize this was last year  lol ouch sorry

Pervaluva

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 04:26:22 PM »
spammer
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 11:20:53 AM by JakeFruit »