Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

vanilla persimmon

(1/10) > >>

EvilFruit:
Has anybody tried to grow this variety of persimmon ?. It's called persimmon vaniglia in Italy or vanilla persimmon in English. I believe it's also widely grown in Spain

http://youtu.be/BOAEK2deB7Q

Luisport:
I have one but very recent... fruits just on the next season.  ;)

Fabio:
I grow it many years, the tree is autofertil , they don t have seeds ,if  you have near by other persimmons that  have male flowers then the fruits can have a small amount of seeds. The colour of ripe fruit is orange-brown and have a very good flavour. The fruits are medium-sized. My tree give me this season about 60-70kg of fruits.

Luisport:

--- Quote from: Fabio on January 11, 2017, 11:27:04 AM ---I grow it many years, the tree is autofertil , they don t have seeds ,if  you have near by other persimmons that  have male flowers then the fruits can have a small amount of seeds. The colour of ripe fruit is orange-brown and have a very good flavour. The fruits are medium-sized. My tree give me this season about 60-70kg of fruits.

--- End quote ---
Hi! And the vanilla flavour is true? Thank's!  ;)

EvilFruit:

--- Quote from: Luisport on January 11, 2017, 09:48:53 AM ---I have one but very recent... fruits just on the next season.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Just recently, I got vanilla persimmon tree from the local nursery. I bought it for $40, wasn't cheap but the tree came from Italy. I guess it was a good deal.

Thanks Luis and good luck with your tree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version