Author Topic: Fruit seeds and more from Surinam  (Read 2612 times)

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
Re: Fruit seeds and more from Surinam
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:31:32 AM »
This is one of the e-shops, where I used to buy the seeds, years ago. It is a good e-shop, but according to my experiences, it takes too long for perishable seeds to Slovakia from there, so only for not perishable seeds.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 06:25:22 AM »
This is one of the e-shops, where I used to buy the seeds, years ago. It is a good e-shop, but according to my experiences, it takes too long for perishable seeds to Slovakia from there, so only for not perishable seeds.

I see, yes that's possible. It is strange how slow the postal services can be between some country's while they can be very fast between other far away country's. But maybe for other members it is a good place to buy, i won't even try them to Thailand, it will take months i guess but to Holland they might be very fast because there we have daily direct flights to Surinam.

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »
I have purchased rhizomes from them in the past.  they can be a bit slow on delivery, but everything I have received has been of good quality.  I would recommend them. For US purchases (mine at least) the material was shipped to their Florida offices then shipped to me from there.

Richard

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 12:15:52 PM »
Anyone know if these guys are still in business?  I have sent them emails but gotten no replies.

John

HIfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »
Just an update, I called the US number this am to get an update on my order.  I spoke to a pleasant lady there who is going to look into it with the South American supplier.  I will post later to let you know how this has turned out.

John

HIfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
A further update on these guys.  When I heard back from them, there was a large increase in shipping and they were also pretty insistent about wanting to charge for phyto docs.  I told them that a small lots of seed permit did not require phyto so I was able to finally get that charge removed.  They replied that the fruits were in season & would be processed and sent out in a few days.  Within a few days, I heard back that it had been very rainy and they were having a mold problem so were cancelling the order & refunding my payment.  While I am disappointed, I am happy not to be wasting money on moldy seeds.  So, at this point, I cannot recommend for or against these guys.  They seemed to react responsibly so at least it is not a red flag against them.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk