Author Topic: Rollinia cross pollination  (Read 1839 times)

Jamesdeangelo

• United States IL
    • View Profile
Rollinia cross pollination
« on: January 07, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »
Hey does anyone know if rollinias can possibly cross pollinate with aytemoya or sugar Apple, would I plant the away from each other to prevent cross pollination?

control_lee

• China
    • View Profile
Re: Rollinia cross pollination
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:09:05 AM »
i want to try,because my rollinia tree have many flowers,but when they open,they open together,egg:three flowers,the same time open become  female,and the second day,the same time male,others flower are young not yet open,rollinia failure set fruit.i have other aytemoya,i. is flowers open together with the rollinia flowers, i want to cross pollination.

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »
do you guys hand pollinate rollinia?   my trees have been flowering for months and months..  100's of flowers but i never see any fruit set...  ???
With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »
Yes, I have to hand pollinate rollinia to get fruit set. The same basic Annona hand pollination principles apply to rollinia.  The optimal time of day is around 6:30 PM for me.

Here is the post that got me started:
http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=8780.0

do you guys hand pollinate rollinia?   my trees have been flowering for months and months..  100's of flowers but i never see any fruit set...  ???
Brandon

control_lee

• China
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »

i have try many times,but failed.

control_lee

• China
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 07:46:10 PM »
Yes, I have to hand pollinate rollinia to get fruit set. The same basic Annona hand pollination principles apply to rollinia.  The optimal time of day is around 6:30 PM for me.

Here is the post that got me started:
http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=8780.0

Quote from: Kona fruit farm
link=topic=18798.msg284599#msg284599 date=1495479394

hi,i meet this problem.

i get females one day and males the next, or even the day after as its a 2-3 day cycle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk