Author Topic: My longan is sad... can you turn its frown upside down?  (Read 1171 times)

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
My longan is sad... can you turn its frown upside down?
« on: May 24, 2016, 07:22:10 PM »
This little guy ain't too happy. Not sure if the problem is lack of water, lack of nutrients, or abundance of weevils. Any ideas?

* Note that it set out a lot of fruit this year, but at slightly bigger than pea size (a week or two ago) we cut the fruit off.

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: My longan is sad... can you turn its frown upside down?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:43:00 PM »
I think it just stressed itself out trying to carry a load of fruit. The burnt leaf margins are curious; not sure what those are from. I might give it some time to recover from trying to hold a crop when it was already marginally healthy.

As long as you can get the tree to start growing (vigorously), the weevil problem will be mitigated. Right now, you have a few dozen leaves that are bearing the full brunt of the weevil onslaught.
Jeff  :-)

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
Re: My longan is sad... can you turn its frown upside down?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:12:29 AM »
I think it just stressed itself out trying to carry a load of fruit. The burnt leaf margins are curious; not sure what those are from. I might give it some time to recover from trying to hold a crop when it was already marginally healthy.

As long as you can get the tree to start growing (vigorously), the weevil problem will be mitigated. Right now, you have a few dozen leaves that are bearing the full brunt of the weevil onslaught.

Ya I figured the problem might be either water or stress/fruit related.

Now the weevils are doing a full assault on my tropic beauty peach tree. There's like 3 weevils per leaf right now and all are engaging in a mass orgy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk