Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Sale: anona scions  (Read 8747 times)

JF

• North Orange County Zone 10B Sunset 24
    • View Profile
Re: Sale: anona scions
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2017, 09:45:22 AM »
I will have anona rosado trees in sept on cherimoya rootstock

Bananaizme

• USA , California,Visalia, sunset zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:06 AM »
    Frank

What do I have to do to reserve a tree ?

William

JF

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »
    Frank

What do I have to do to reserve a tree ?

William
No reserves. In a month I'll know what I have so fa looking good
Anona rosada on cherimoya rootstovk

Bananaizme

• USA , California,Visalia, sunset zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:24 PM »
    Ok . I am anxiously waiting LOL .  Oh BTW I was at Exotica last Monday and they had a 15 gallon " White Ilama "  I had not heard of a white Ilama so I hesitated to buy it. Have you ever heard of one ? It was grafted but Leo didn't seem to have any info on it.

William

JF

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »
    Ok . I am anxiously waiting LOL .  Oh BTW I was at Exotica last Monday and they had a 15 gallon " White Ilama "  I had not heard of a white Ilama so I hesitated to buy it. Have you ever heard of one ? It was grafted but Leo didn't seem to have any info on it.

William

Those exotica so call white ilamas are atemoyas I wish Steve stop calling white ilamas

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2017, 12:20:06 PM »

William

Those exotica so call white ilamas are atemoyas I wish Steve stop calling white ilamas

I'm going to start naming atemoya varieties different colors of Llama. "No, not I-lama, L-lama! Yes, the plant is called blue llama atemoya!"
Dom

Guayaba

• USA, California, San Diego, 10b Sunset 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »

William

I'm going to start naming atemoya varieties different colors of Llama. "No, not I-lama, L-lama! Yes, the plant is called blue llama atemoya!"
Oh great - more confusion!  What about the other llama relatives (Alpaca, Guanaco, and Vicuņa) they could be contenders.  ;D
Bob

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2017, 02:05:53 PM »

William

Oh great - more confusion!  What about the other llama relatives (Alpaca, Guanaco, and Vicuņa) they could be contenders.  ;D

Lol, that's an even better idea! Any I-lama varieties get named after L-lama relatives!
Dom

Guayaba

• USA, California, San Diego, 10b Sunset 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »
Anona rosada on cherimoya rootstovk

Frank - you are killing me again!  You have the magic touch.  I should have tried to put some of the Ilama grafts into a greenhouse right away.  I borrowed some greenhouse space a few days ago, but it may not be soon enough to save them.  They haven't turned black yet, but the buds pushed and then have been in frozen animation for the last couple of weeks. 

I thought it was because I tried to veneer graft a couple.

The ones I cleft grafted onto Ilama interstock are doing about the same.  These are growing outside - though the bottom one is attempting to push...sort of! :-\

Bob

raimeiken

• Zone: 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2017, 05:41:03 PM »
Several of the new grafts are flowering! Should I let them hold fruit or not?

Kiet

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
no.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers