Author Topic: Sale: anona scions  (Read 77230 times)

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
Re: Sale: anona scions
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2017, 09:45:22 AM »
I will have anona rosado trees in sept on cherimoya rootstock

Bananaizme

• USA , California,Visalia, sunset zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:06 AM »
    Frank

What do I have to do to reserve a tree ?

William

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »
    Frank

What do I have to do to reserve a tree ?

William
No reserves. In a month I'll know what I have so fa looking good
Anona rosada on cherimoya rootstovk

Bananaizme

• USA , California,Visalia, sunset zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:24 PM »
    Ok . I am anxiously waiting LOL .  Oh BTW I was at Exotica last Monday and they had a 15 gallon " White Ilama "  I had not heard of a white Ilama so I hesitated to buy it. Have you ever heard of one ? It was grafted but Leo didn't seem to have any info on it.

William

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »
    Ok . I am anxiously waiting LOL .  Oh BTW I was at Exotica last Monday and they had a 15 gallon " White Ilama "  I had not heard of a white Ilama so I hesitated to buy it. Have you ever heard of one ? It was grafted but Leo didn't seem to have any info on it.

William

Those exotica so call white ilamas are atemoyas I wish Steve stop calling white ilamas

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2017, 12:20:06 PM »

William

Those exotica so call white ilamas are atemoyas I wish Steve stop calling white ilamas

I'm going to start naming atemoya varieties different colors of Llama. "No, not I-lama, L-lama! Yes, the plant is called blue llama atemoya!"
Dom

Guayaba

• USA, California, San Diego, 10b Sunset 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »

William

I'm going to start naming atemoya varieties different colors of Llama. "No, not I-lama, L-lama! Yes, the plant is called blue llama atemoya!"
Oh great - more confusion!  What about the other llama relatives (Alpaca, Guanaco, and Vicuņa) they could be contenders.  ;D
Bob

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2017, 02:05:53 PM »

William

Oh great - more confusion!  What about the other llama relatives (Alpaca, Guanaco, and Vicuņa) they could be contenders.  ;D

Lol, that's an even better idea! Any I-lama varieties get named after L-lama relatives!
Dom

Guayaba

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »
Anona rosada on cherimoya rootstovk

Frank - you are killing me again!  You have the magic touch.  I should have tried to put some of the Ilama grafts into a greenhouse right away.  I borrowed some greenhouse space a few days ago, but it may not be soon enough to save them.  They haven't turned black yet, but the buds pushed and then have been in frozen animation for the last couple of weeks. 

I thought it was because I tried to veneer graft a couple.

The ones I cleft grafted onto Ilama interstock are doing about the same.  These are growing outside - though the bottom one is attempting to push...sort of! :-\

Bob

raimeiken

• Zone: 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2017, 05:41:03 PM »
Several of the new grafts are flowering! Should I let them hold fruit or not?

Kiet

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
no.

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2017, 02:21:24 PM »
Hello everyone

I would like to share and know your results from your anona grafts. I grafted a total of 77, between March and April, scions before I left on vacation. 72 took so I was delighted with the results. I left 30 or so of the small grafted trees in full shade, a handful in full sun and about 20 on establish inground trees, when I return I found all grafts in full sun fried the rest survived. Here are pix of some of the surviving  grafts
I still have 20 or so in shade.

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2017, 03:50:08 PM »
Hello everyone

I would like to share and know your results from your anona grafts. I grafted a total of 77, between March and April, scions before I left on vacation. 72 took so I was delighted with the results. I left 30 or so of the small grafted trees in full shade, a handful in full sun and about 20 on establish inground trees, when I return I found all grafts in full sun fried the rest survived. Here are pix of some of the surviving  grafts

any purple or big red :)?

Schutzhund

• United States, Los Angeles, CA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »
Hello everyone

All of my Anona Rosada grafts have taken, thanks again 😊

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2017, 04:29:27 PM »
Very good. I loss 12 grafts while on vacation very good year.
Turtle
I do have a few big red but they are spoken for in fact most of the trees are sold.

FruitFool

• san diego, ca, USDA zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2017, 03:28:20 AM »
Posting progress of my Annona grafts.

Most scions are from JF, some are from Simon and Bhkkatemoya, thank you guys for high quality scions!
All of my grafts are on Cherimoya root stock, grafts were done in March and April this year.

Annona Rosada:

Anona Rosada + Big Red (On the left):

Randhir:

Calostro (On the left) + Big Red (On the right):

Calostro (On the left) + Helmut (covered, not yet pushing):

Orton:

Orton:

Big Red (On the right):

Cangrejo (On the right, on the left is RH#3 which looks like failed):

Behl:

Pierce (On the left is Cangrejo, not yet pushing):

Behl:

Behl (On the left), RH#3 (In the middle, looks like failed graft), Lisa (On the right):

Pierce (On Top) + Behl (On the left):

Giant Atis (One of my last done grafts, just pushing a bud):

Except Helmut, RH#3 and Hunucma Amarilla, all the Annona scions I got are pushing!

-FruitFool

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »
Great results fruitfool. I've had 7 anona species taken onto cherimoya this year it has been a great grafting season. I would advice against letting any of the grafts hold fruits a lot are in bloom

Guayaba

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 12, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »
I have had a few successes, but to be honest as a first time grafter, I also had a lot of failures.  Several scions pushed and then failed.  It's clear that I need more practice making sure my technique is proper.

Fino de Jete

Birula (lower right) and Mihn (upper left)

Calostro (this seems to be pushing again)

Big Red (looks like it may make it)

Annona Rosada (may not make it) even the Ilama it is grafted on is leafing out with glacial speed.

Bob

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2017, 12:46:39 PM »
Bob
Sorry to hear.  I've many emails of people successful takes with pix ,'most from forum member. Here are some pix. I had 95% take but had some fried while on vacation for 3 weeks

Guayaba

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 12, 2017, 01:27:27 PM »
Hi Frank,
Those grafts look awesome, that is what you get in the hands of a master grafter.  I know the material I received from you was excellent - all fresh scions, wrapped well, and lots of energy which is why they pushed growth. In my newbie hands many suffered untimely deaths, but it was a good learning process.  I am hoping to continue to practice grafting and look forward to trying again in summer or next year.  I'll check with you in summer to see if I have appropriate stock to attempt green wood grafting.  Perhaps I will have better luck with that.  Is the red/purple leaf Annona in your photographs a Genova Red Ilama?
Bob

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2017, 02:17:02 PM »
JF do you sell grafted annonas?  and do you ship to Hawaii?  of do you just sell scions?
With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2017, 04:34:17 PM »
JF do you sell grafted annonas?  and do you ship to Hawaii?  of do you just sell scions?

I do sell grafted anona trees but privately.....I may have some left over in fall ill post here.  I gave up on shipping trees and fruits I really suck.....so the answer in no, I don't ship

FruitFool

• san diego, ca, USDA zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »
Guayaba,

I see two buds on your Annona Rosada graft, which is more than some of my
sugar apple grafts, I am hopeful that your annona rosada graft would be a success!

-FruitFool

Guayaba

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 12, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
Guayaba,

I see two buds on your Annona Rosada graft, which is more than some of my
sugar apple grafts, I am hopeful that your annona rosada graft would be a success!

-FruitFool

The Annona Rosada and Genova Red grafts are still trying to push, so there is hope.  Another graft of Annona Rosada pushed, then defoliated, and now is pushing again.  I think they are toying with me.  We have staring contests over coffee every morning and so far the Ilamas are winning!  Thanks for having me look on the bright side! ;)
Bob

Kiet

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2017, 04:19:52 AM »
with all the positive reviews and everyones successful grafts, I'm looking forward to the next round of scion wood for sale..