Author Topic: Fruit punch tree update  (Read 2217 times)

FRUITBOXHERO

• Coral Springs Fl
    • View Profile
Fruit punch tree update
« on: March 12, 2017, 01:05:03 PM »
Anyone else growing fruit punch mango tree in south Florida, mine has had only one flush since I got it ( was one of the first ones) seems to be a very slower grower for me!
Any updates from others?
Joe

PurpleAlligator

• USA, Miami, FL, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Fruit punch tree update
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 01:26:49 PM »
Mine was planted mid year 2015 as a 3 gallon.  I'm hoping to get some fruit to maturity. It did not flower last year.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »
Mine was planted mid year 2015 as a 3 gallon.  I'm hoping to get some fruit to maturity. It did not flower last year.

Hmm, yes, appears to be slow growing.  I planted Providence about the same time, and it's double that in size, BUT no blossoms so far.  Maybe I should have went with Fruit Punch.  Are they similar in flavor, and are their seasons about the same (late mid-seaon)?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:45:07 PM by johnb51 »
John

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 02:22:16 PM »
Mine too has only flushed once.
It's about six feet tall, no sign of flowering.
I tell myself that if it ever does fruit, it will be strong enough to hold the fruit.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 02:29:36 PM »

Hmm, yes, appears to be slow growing.  I planted Providence about the same time, and it's double that in size, BUT no blossoms so far.  Maybe I should have went with Fruit Punch.  Are they similar in flavor, and are their seasons about the same (late mid-seaon)?

No, taste and seasons are both totally different.  Fruit Punch is later part of June.  Providence is August/September.   Providence is a little firmer in texture with a better shelf life.  Providence has a more pronounced subacid component.  Actual tastes are totally different, multiple descriptions can be found by searching the forum.
- Rob

PurpleAlligator

• USA, Miami, FL, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 03:33:42 PM »

Here's my providence planted as a 7 gallon in 2015. Lots of bb sized fruitlets formed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk