Author Topic: WANTED: Sweettart Mango Scions near Homestead Fl  (Read 2658 times)

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
WANTED: Sweettart Mango Scions near Homestead Fl
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:30:52 PM »
Please let me know if you have scions for sale or a mature budding tree that I may remove some for myself and pay accordingly. Thanks! -Jon

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: Sweettart Mango Scions near Homestead Fl
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »
Please let me know if you have scions for sale or a mature budding tree that I may remove some for myself and pay accordingly. Thanks! -Jon

There's a buy/sale forum here. 

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 07:55:53 AM »
Isn't this it?

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 10:05:01 AM »
bump

Andrew

• Davie, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 04:46:25 PM »
If nobody else has offered and you are willing to travel to Davie, I can give you some Sweet Tart budwood.

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »
If nobody else has offered and you are willing to travel to Davie, I can give you some Sweet Tart budwood.

I don't mind taking the drive at all. How much and how many buds? I appreciate you reaching out. I thought there would be a bigger response for such a popular cultivar.  I could come up early Saturday morning if that would work. Let me know. PM me your number

Thank You,

-Jon

Andrew

• Davie, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 10:23:47 PM »
It’s no problem. I should warn you that it’s not the best time to graft right now because most mango trees have flowered and are setting fruit now but I think my Sweet Tart may have a few branches that are pushing buds if you want to try. Don’t worry about price, if you just want a couple of branches you can have them for free. Actually, I also have a newly grafted Kathy mango tree that’s a new release and close relative of the Sweet tart that you can also have.

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 10:36:14 PM »
It’s no problem. I should warn you that it’s not the best time to graft right now because most mango trees have flowered and are setting fruit now but I think my Sweet Tart may have a few branches that are pushing buds if you want to try. Don’t worry about price, if you just want a couple of branches you can have them for free. Actually, I also have a newly grafted Kathy mango tree that’s a new release and close relative of the Sweet tart that you can also have.

That's awesome man, thanks! PM me your number. I just extracted a bunch of honey from one of my hives so I'll bring you some as a peace offering. Least I can do as a thank you.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 10:58:23 PM »
That's awesome man, thanks! PM me your number. I just extracted a bunch of honey from one of my hives so I'll bring you some as a peace offering. Least I can do as a thank you.

Next time, lead with the honey trade and I'm sure you'll get more responses.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 12:15:41 AM »

Yeah, Sheehan wants some honey lol
- Rob

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »

Haha. I'm actually gonna use that piece of advice shortly. Looking for a 15 gal or larger oro negro avocado tree.

Btw, just wanted to say thanks to Andrew. Good guy. We met up this morning and all went well. Off to graft my new sweettart budwood now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk