Author Topic: Southern Ag citrus spray  (Read 4801 times)

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
Southern Ag citrus spray
« on: April 16, 2017, 01:27:09 AM »
Has any1 use this on their citrus?
Anyone has success using it?

noochka1

• Miramar, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Southern Ag citrus spray
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:11:02 AM »
I use it as a foliar feed on my 3' potted sour orange and it seems to work just fine.  I haven't noticed any mineral deficiency symptoms or leaf discoloration. 

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 02:22:40 PM »
If it is from Southern AG it is OK.  The nutrition spray contains Iron 1.2%, Zinc 1.7%, Manganese 1.2%, Magnesium 1.0% and Sulfur 4.1%

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »
I use it and it works excellent! My citrus trees are super productive for their size.

Simon

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 04:58:44 PM »

Has any1
Used this b4??

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
Is this iron deficiency??

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 08:38:34 PM »
Gozp, no its manganese

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 10:25:26 PM »
What product do u use for manganese deficiency?

Is the citrus nutrional spray enough to fix.the problem?

bigalxx15

• USA, Florida, Cooper City, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 12:09:56 AM »
Can you tell me if this is iron deficiency or manganese deficiency. These are two pictures I took today
of my potted Xie Shan Satsuma which is next to two potted Shiranui and a potted Sugar belle. Besides
leaf miners the other citrus trees look fine. Any help would be appreciated.

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 04:16:09 AM »
From my previous post... this is the orange tree.... not sure how old this orange tree is.....

I just drenchwd 20 gallons of fish/seaweed neptune's harvest, growmore kelp & chelated liquid iron by southern ag  & sprayed citrus spray by southern ag....

Not sure of the applications if i did it correctly....for the drenched part... 3/4 of cup each (neptune, kelp, iron) per 5 gallon bucket....

Then for foliar 4.5 tablespoons for 2 gallons

I hope i did.right.... for the drenching part i feel like.i.under drenched or is it just right?

Chas

• Hungary, Zala, 6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »
Can you tell me if this is iron deficiency or manganese deficiency. These are two pictures I took today
of my potted Xie Shan Satsuma which is next to two potted Shiranui and a potted Sugar belle. Besides
leaf miners the other citrus trees look fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Mg

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »
What product do u use for manganese deficiency?

Is the citrus nutrional spray enough to fix.the problem?

For Manganese, try Southern Ag Palm nutritional spray instead of the Citrus.

Simon

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 04:17:37 PM »
gozp, the deficiency your leaves are showing is manganese, not iron.  At this time of year these "transient" Manganese deficiency symptoms are VERY common.   These transient symptoms are due to a marginal supply of available manganese in the soil, which the tree roots temporarily are unable to extract enough Manganese to supply the large rapidly growing new flush of leaf growth.  Normally the leaves will return to the normal dark green color as the grow flush ends, and the roots are able to once again catch up.  However, you can apply a manganese spray such as Southern Ag Nutritional spray if you wish, or in most cases simply do nothing.   In the rare event that the leaves still look deficient upon the completion of the flush, there is always time to apply manganese. 

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »
bigalxx15,  your tree's leaves might have an iron deficiency, but I'm not 100 percent sure.  However, the tree's leaves are showing a magnesium deficiency.

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 02:03:08 AM »
gozp, the deficiency your leaves are showing is manganese, not iron.  At this time of year these "transient" Manganese deficiency symptoms are VERY common.   These transient symptoms are due to a marginal supply of available manganese in the soil, which the tree roots temporarily are unable to extract enough Manganese to supply the large rapidly growing new flush of leaf growth.  Normally the leaves will return to the normal dark green color as the grow flush ends, and the roots are able to once again catch up.  However, you can apply a manganese spray such as Southern Ag Nutritional spray if you wish, or in most cases simply do nothing.   In the rare event that the leaves still look deficient upon the completion of the flush, there is always time to apply manganese.

How often shud i use southern ag citrus spray? Once a week?

Also, what product do u recommend for manganese (preferabblly organic)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 12:18:24 PM »
The one most often used for a manganese deficiency is a foliage spray of manganese nitrate, you can also use manganese sulfate, or Southern Ag's Nutritional spray.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:35:18 PM by Millet »

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 07:13:13 PM »
The one most often used for a manganese deficiency is a foliage spray of manganese nitrate, manganese sulfate, or Southern Ag's Nutritional spray.

In your professional experience, which would be fast-acting? And are those organic?

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »
No not organic, they are conventional sprays.  All of the treatments will work quite well.  If you are seeing the deficiency at the same time as your tree is flushing new growth, the tree  will most likely correct the deficiency on its own, after the new growth matures. The amount of manganese in the soil is in trace amounts.  When the tree is putting on new expanding foliage, the tree's root system has a hard time supplying enough manganese to the tree.  After the growth flush is done, the tree's root system normally catches up. I know of no organic product that contains manganese.  In either case whether an organic product or not, manganese is manganese is manganese.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:56:35 PM by Millet »