Author Topic: Selling: 3 different Chempedak varieties (2-4 kg fruits!) (Artocarpus integer)  (Read 1463 times)

manouk

• Australia, Queensland, Cairns, Tropical
    • View Profile
We have seeds on offer from 3 different chempedak varieties we found on our trip to Thailand last week. Descriptions and pictures:

Chempedak 1
This is the first chempedak we found and also the smallest one. We found it at the local market in Chanthaburi sold by an old lady who seemed to be selling stuff from her own garden.
The chempedak was small, but had a good taste and was filled with many pods. Because the seeds are also very small the seed to flesh ratio is quite good, even though it's a small fruit.

Chempedak 2 (giant and super sweet, 2-4 kg per fruit)
Chempedak 2 is the biggest one we've found and we think might be the most cultivated variety. We bought them from a local contact we have that owns a family farm. These chempedaks probably weighted between 2-4 kg each! They were are very abundant. Taste very intense, very sweet and more on the fruity side. The colour of the flesh is light yellow. The very thin skin means even more edible parts per fruit! (this is my partners favourite)

SOLD OUT Chempedak 3
This is another chempedak we found at the same market as the first one on another day. They were the second smallest chempedak and for both of us our least favourite because of not so much intensity in taste (might be because it was picked too early) and also they were not very abundant fruits.

Chempedak 4
This chempedak we found the tree of while we were driving around and the tree was super abundant and the ground covered in fruits. The fruit were the second biggest and probably weighted between 1-2 kg each. The skin is still green when fully ripe and the flesh is white-coloured and tastes less fruity and more creamy/custardy, for me the taste reminded me of the vanilla filling of a Magnum Classic ice cream bar. As you can see in the picture it has quite a thick skin but is actually the easiest one to open, because the skin is quite firm it easily tears/rips apart. (my personal favourite)

And here's some comparison pictures of chempedaks 2, 4 and 3:

Price: 5$ per seed + shipping costs

Contact me for discount on bigger quantities (10+)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:14:26 AM by manouk »

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Manouk you have done well to find 3 good quality varieties in Chanthaburi. That second one looks good and that first one probably wont be in Australia yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk