Author Topic: Any good book recommendations for Florida Tropical Palms and Plants??  (Read 1068 times)

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
I’ll include coconut palms and other fruiting plants in this question as not to digress from the typical forum subject matter, but my wife and I are building a new home and I’d like to landscape with some rarer palms and more specialized plants and foliage. Is there a “big book” or two that anyone can recommend that’s all encompassing with Photos and info? It will need to be a Florida book, not just a general info book. Thanks!

-Jon

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Re: Any good book recommendations for Florida Tropical Palms and Plants??
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 11:19:56 AM »
Not sure about the book, but as for palms you might want to consider acai and jucara. Planning on trading out my araca palms for acai and jucara when they grow out enough. Beautfiul trees.  Hoping for fruit one day, but they reportedly are also good for hearts of palm.

sidney

• Port St Lucie Florida 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Any good book recommendations for Florida Tropical Palms and Plants??
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:09:25 AM »
I’ll include coconut palms and other fruiting plants in this question as not to digress from the typical forum subject matter, but my wife and I are building a new home and I’d like to landscape with some rarer palms and more specialized plants and foliage. Is there a “big book” or two that anyone can recommend that’s all encompassing with Photos and info? It will need to be a Florida book, not just a general info book. Thanks!

-Jon
the University of Florida has several good books you can buy online from their bookstore.

scashaggy

• Miami, FL
    • View Profile

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk