Author Topic: Only a few fruits in the yard at this time of year.  (Read 1378 times)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Only a few fruits in the yard at this time of year.
« on: June 01, 2018, 08:34:36 PM »

Taking my phone camera for a lap of the yard reveals only meagre pickings.It has been the coldest morning of the year so far with the minimum aound 10c less than what it has been all week. Anyway take a look at this stuff.

The dark flavicarpa passionfruit are loaded as you would expect at this time of the year.

My Bruno Canistel has some action and this is a very good type being richer and moister than most varieties.

There are always a few papaya and this one is looking hagged from the wind.

The krasuey sapodilla is loaded and finished its last crop just a few months ago.It is hard to show the abundance of fruit in a picture

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
Re: Only a few fruits in the yard at this time of year.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 08:45:15 PM »
Beautiful sapodilla tree & loaded with near ready fruit. I hope some of my species of sapodilla will eventually bear that volume of fruit... But, mine are much smaller & not yet.. Very impressive bountiful tree, it looks over 20 feet (6+ meters) tall.

Faldon

• south korea, pusan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 08:50:49 PM »
How about taste of Canisel?

Is it like really sweet potato?

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 09:20:30 PM »
I have 2 krasueys Palm at say 6m and a sawo manila at about 6m. I had a few other types that volunteered for mulch patrol like prolific,Martin, a Singapore type,,,,C something and a few others and had sample a dozen or so fruit from other types or saw the trees growing. Krasueys have multiple heavy overlapping crops each year and taste good. Sawo is on borrowed time but is better than the other varieties I chopped down.
The volume of half grown fruit on the tree cant really be gauged by the pics. In a couple of months I will be free style skiing on fallen fruit even time I walk by. Flying foxes are chowing down on rock hard fruit already and fruit flies cause a bit of grief also.

Faldon the texture of canistel is rather like the yolk of boiled egg. If you take sweet potato, add a little sugar, infuse with cooked egg, mix with almond meal and blend into a dryish paste it would be getting close.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »

Faldon the texture of canistel is rather like the yolk of boiled egg. If you take sweet potato, add a little sugar, infuse with cooked egg, mix with almond meal and blend into a dryish paste it would be getting close.

You have exellent imagination and visual component is often lacking here. Glad it's being corrected  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk