Author Topic: If u started over and plant three mango trees which varieties would you choose.  (Read 3789 times)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Good questions and the worst mango I ever planted was a Julie. Low quality fruit and it volunteered for mulch patrol. The one I was happiest with wss keow saweoy. I sure have tried lots of varieties but unfortunately not these glamorous coconut creams,lemon zest and some other Floridian favourites. The 3 I would plant would be:
1 Sam Ru Du a great tasting variety that fruits all year will always be at the top of my list.
2 Cedar Bay/Rabaul They ar huge and taste so good and the trees are small
3. Kwan or maha chinok Equal in taste but maha looks better and kwan is a much larger fruit like an extra big and tasty NDM.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Good questions and the worst mango I ever planted was a Julie. Low quality fruit and it volunteered for mulch patrol. The one I was happiest with wss keow saweoy. I sure have tried lots of varieties but unfortunately not these glamorous coconut creams,lemon zest and some other Floridian favourites. The 3 I would plant would be:
1 Sam Ru Du a great tasting variety that fruits all year will always be at the top of my list.
2 Cedar Bay/Rabaul They ar huge and taste so good and the trees are small
3. Kwan or maha chinok Equal in taste but maha looks better and kwan is a much larger fruit like an extra big and tasty NDM.
Mike I have not stop giggling since you told us about those woolly jumpers that you have Down Under. From the photo I found it looks like they have very Deep Pockets so you might want to put an extra row of barbed wire on your fence around your Grove.LoL :)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 08:24:08 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

wslau

• La Palma, CA, USA, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
1. White Pirie (covers Indian - piney flavor profile)
2. Lemon Zest (covers citrus flavor profile)
3. Piña Colada (covers both the pineapple and coconut flavor profiles)
Warren

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
1. White Pirie (covers Indian - piney flavor profile)
2. Lemon Zest (covers citrus flavor profile)
3. Piña Colada (covers both the pineapple and coconut flavor profiles)
White Pirie is an excellent choice we had an opportunity to have it last season and enjoyed it very much. There is another  variety from Hawaii that we tried courtesy of Tropical Acre Farm and highly recommend. It is a beautiful Mango very tasty. Mapulehu

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 09:04:26 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
It’s a sin to pull out healthy fruit trees and you have good varieties so why don’t you just buy what you want and plant them in any space you find. I have 300 on a 1/2 acre lot with a house and a pool and a shed so what are you worried about!

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
It’s a sin to pull out healthy fruit trees and you have good varieties so why don’t you just buy what you want and plant them in any space you find. I have 300 on a 1/2 acre lot with a house and a pool and a shed so what are you worried about!
This is a for fun hypothetical exercise. Since it is the holidays what are your top three Cornerstone mango varieties :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk