Author Topic: FLA loaded Mangos #2 (Kutac)  (Read 1637 times)

FloridaGreenMan

• Fort Lauderdale FL Zone 10B
    • Florida USA
    • View Profile
FLA loaded Mangos #2 (Kutac)
« on: May 28, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
This incredibly loaded mango is the Kutac from Thailand according to Richard Wilson. My grower friend George bought this grafted tree six years ago and this is the best year so far. These fibreless mangos average more than 2 lbs (1kg) and it is very prolific as you can see. I estimated that it has over 300 fruits which is one heck of a harvest. These are nice fruits, similar to the Nam Doc Mai but less sweet.  They are very prone to splitting in FLA unless you use 0-0-51. Not sure if Excaliber still offers this cultivar. 

FloridaGreenMan

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: FLA loaded Mangos #2 (Kutac)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 02:53:31 PM »
This incredibly loaded mango is the Kutac from Thailand according to Richard Wilson. My grower friend George bought this grafted tree six years ago and this is the best year so far. These fibreless mangos average more than 2 lbs (1kg) and it is very prolific as you can see. I estimated that it has over 300 fruits which is one heck of a harvest. These are nice fruits, similar to the Nam Doc Mai but less sweet.  They are very prone to splitting in FLA unless you use 0-0-51. Not sure if Excaliber still offers this cultivar. 

Have not seen it but since I was not looking for it I can't say they don't have it...I will check and update as to availability.
- Rob

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Re: FLA loaded Mangos #2 (Kutac)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
Last time I had asked about the availability of this cultivar, Excalibur no longer had it.  I'm interested in it also, if they still do.  Noel....I've got to get by George's place one day.  See if we can arrange it.  Thanks in advance.

Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk