Author Topic: The most preposterously Fraudulent Lsiting I've ever seen on ebay  (Read 12905 times)

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Re: The most preposterously Fraudulent Lsiting I've ever seen on ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »
Lol it's amazing how good their feedback is; and they have lots of transactions!

That is just wrong...and makes eBay a bad place to buy plants.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

TREESNMORE

• USA Palm City FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 10:11:26 PM »
PT Burnum  there is a sucker born every minute and two too grab him
Mike

fisherking73

• Hollywood (Broward county), Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »
And the schnauzberries taste like schnauzberries

FrankDrebinOfFruits

• Kauai, HI 12A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 10:22:08 PM »
I bought one... its the real deal. It came with 3 cans of spray paint.  ;D

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:31:27 PM »
I've been holding out for the plaid fleshed reticulata.
Life is good

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 10:52:08 PM »
I even dare to say that i have seen this banana or very similar ones. Not with blue colors though.

We have specialized bananatree shops here. Next time i will make a pic.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 12:54:30 AM »
Nice photoshop job! Dorgon should hire them for photo altering. He can also find out how he gets 100% customer satisfaction on eBay? And ofcourse Bangcock has already seen this banana in his area and will soon take a photo of it. HAHAHAHA No doubt soon Bangcock will start telling us what a marvelous vendor this really is. Check out their indigo radishes and blueberry tomato also, just for fun.
Oscar

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 01:00:54 AM »
Nice photoshop job! Dorgon should hire them for photo altering. He can also find out how he gets 100% customer satisfaction on eBay? And ofcourse Bangcock has already seen this banana in his area and will soon take a photo of it. HAHAHAHA No doubt soon Bangcock will start telling us what a marvelous vendor this really is. Check out their indigo radishes and blueberry tomato also, just for fun.

That's what really surprises me oscar--that Dorgon has such high feedback. My guess is that these people haven't figured out they've been duped yet and won't for years and years. We should all collectively report Dorgon to ebay really. Your word would hold more weight than most as a pro.

I have seen on a banana growing forum a bunch with the same form as the scam one, the bananas were only kind of orange-red skinned though. Not a hint of blue or purple or anything like that. Kind of the sam color as the one we have in Australia called 'Red Dacca' but a larger bunch, smaller size and more rounded shape.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 01:15:08 AM »

That's what really surprises me oscar--that Dorgon has such high feedback. My guess is that these people haven't figured out they've been duped yet and won't for years and years. We should all collectively report Dorgon to ebay really. Your word would hold more weight than most as a pro.

I have seen on a banana growing forum a bunch with the same form as the scam one, the bananas were only kind of orange-red skinned though. Not a hint of blue or purple or anything like that. Kind of the sam color as the one we have in Australia called 'Red Dacca' but a larger bunch, smaller size and more rounded shape.

They've taken the 1000 finger banana and colored them in.
It's obvious that it's very easy to override the eBay customer ratings and give yourself a very good rating, maybe even erase negative ratings. Even if you get kicked out of eBay you can start a new account under a different name. I think that is what Dorgon did...dorgonne it!
Oscar

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 02:07:24 AM »
The most preposterously Fraudulent forum member I have ever seen.

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=574

- Rob

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 02:36:47 AM »

They've taken the 1000 finger banana and colored them in.
It's obvious that it's very easy to override the eBay customer ratings and give yourself a very good rating, maybe even erase negative ratings. Even if you get kicked out of eBay you can start a new account under a different name. I think that is what Dorgon did...dorgonne it!

Not as easy to do that as you'd imagine oscar.  There;s no way to override negative feedback, you are able to contest it though. Ebay and paypal are linked. They have a symbiotic relationship. If you amassed a pile of really bad feedback, you could not  simply just delete your account and reopen a new store, because to open a new store, you have to register the account with paypal and paypal logs your banking details. Also you would lose all your feedback and would have to start with zero sale history, which will mean that buyers automatically won't trust you.

My guess is that the seeds this dorgon sells are fresh and do arrive on time, but they're  definitely bogus. People almost always just give positive feedback based on those criteria alone....nobody is going to wait 5, 6 or even ten years to give feedback. I'll never forget the sugar apple s/he listed which was quite clearly painted purple, you could see the cracks where the paint had dried. The seeds are probably just common stock from various markets in bangkok. I guess s/he will get away with it until the trees reaching fruiting stage and everyone realizes they've been ripped off, but by then, dirty dorgon will have already made bank and ridden off into the sunset.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 03:24:31 AM »
According to critics, weaknesses of the eBay feedback system include:

Small and large transactions carry the same weight in the feedback summary. It is therefore easy for a dishonest user to initially build up a deceptive positive rating by buying or selling a number of very low value items, such as e-books, recipes, etc., then subsequently switch to fraud. eBay has since restricted digitally-delivered items to classified listings, which do not involve feedback.

Sellers can also attempt to boost their own feedback by buying their own items with alias accounts, and leaving positive feedback for their main selling account

from Wikepedia article on Ebay criticisms.

It's pretty obvious also that customer feedback has similar problems on Amazon and Trip Advisor: lots of vendors giving themselves glowing reviews. Trip Advisor was recently fined for obvious fraudulent ratings.
Oscar

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/446208275550984623/

This pic looks more natural.

That's the original picture used for the editing!

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 10:21:06 AM »
Wish I had seen this post before I ordered the magic beanstalk seeds.   :'(
Michael

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »
Dorgon also has no negative feed back at all which is almost impossible even for the best of sellers buyers are often unfair. He actually had just on negative feedback in 12months I tried to read it and it says "deleted by eBay" seems like something dodgy to me!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 11:28:09 AM »

I have the perfect piece of swamp land to sell you where those beans will grow.  You would just have to build the bridge.
- Rob

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »

I have the perfect piece of swamp land to sell you where those beans will grow.  You would just have to build the bridge.

Thanks Rob; I'm definitely looking for a bridge. Prefer a British style if one is available   ;)
Michael

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
very true Oscar,

great point...

and I notice over the years, Ebay has been restricting (trying to limit and hide) the information that you can find, about the history of a sellers transactions.

they want to limit your correspondence with the seller, and keep themselves in between you and your seller.

their feedback system is definitely flawed, and encourages people to buy from unscrupulous sellers...Ebay doesnt' care, because they make money no matter what!!

Small and large transactions carry the same weight in the feedback summary. It is therefore easy for a dishonest user to initially build up a deceptive positive rating by buying or selling a number of very low value items, such as e-books, recipes, etc., then subsequently switch to fraud. eBay has since restricted digitally-delivered items to classified listings, which do not involve feedback.

Sellers can also attempt to boost their own feedback by buying their own items with alias accounts, and leaving positive feedback for their main selling account

It's pretty obvious also that customer feedback has similar problems on Amazon and Trip Advisor: lots of vendors giving themselves glowing reviews. Trip Advisor was recently fined for obvious fraudulent ratings.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Samu

• North Tustin, So. California, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »
very true Oscar,

great point...

and I notice over the years, Ebay has been restricting (trying to limit and hide) the information that you can find, about the history of a sellers transactions.

they want to limit your correspondence with the seller, and keep themselves in between you and your seller.

their feedback system is definitely flawed, and encourages people to buy from unscrupulous sellers...Ebay doesnt' care, because they make money no matter what!!

Just for curiosity I did a quick check on his feedback history, about the first 80 or so positive ratings accumulated  were when he/she was the buyers exclusively, so, this is how he built up his positive rating quickly...
Sam

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 01:50:44 PM »
yes!

it's important to make sure the seller has good feedback for selling items that are the same as what you're looking for. ( not bubble gum, or baseball cards, or pen's from China).

they can easily build up their feedback as a buyer...and purchase stuff that is cheap...or even worse...owned by another account of theirs...

it's basically like paying Ebay to boost your feedback....

Ebay makes money off of all the transactions no matter what...so they don't discourage this type of behavior.

I'm am about ready to boycott Ebay and Paypal...

very true Oscar,

great point...

Just for curiosity I did a quick check on his feedback history, about the first 80 or so positive ratings accumulated  were when he/she was the buyers exclusively, so, this is how he built up his positive rating quickly...
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
Erm...you guys know you can view feedback received as a seller, and as a buyer, right?

They're split....

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 07:56:16 PM »
They sell scads of stuff, all of it as fake as a Burberry purse on the streets of Venice.
Their rainbow roses, indigo strawberries  and blue tomatoes are terrible photoshop jobs. Yet people keep buying from them.
Ebay feedback windows are only open for a short amount of time, so by the time something is actually harvested/flowered/fruited, the feedback window has closed.
The seller I believe lives only about 5 minutes away from me and no, I've never seen any blue Himalayan ice bananas or rainbow roses on my many travels around the hills.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk