Author Topic: Anonas  (Read 12430 times)

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Anonas
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2018, 11:57:21 PM »
The inside of the fruit looks pretty good. If there’s not enough acidity, it could be the variety. El Bumpo has excellent sugar acid balance. Most Cherimoyas are pretty sweet but the longer you let it hold on the tree, to a certain extent, the sweeter it will be. Also, proper fertilization will increase sweetness.

As your tree matures, you will get more fruit and the quality will increase. With more fruit, you can wait until the first fruit drops and observe the color of the fruit to tell when other fruit will soon drop. You want to pick the fruit before it drops otherwise the stem end will pull out and the opening will rot or get fungus.

Simon

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2018, 02:03:37 AM »
The inside of the fruit looks pretty good. If there’s not enough acidity, it could be the variety. El Bumpo has excellent sugar acid balance. Most Cherimoyas are pretty sweet but the longer you let it hold on the tree, to a certain extent, the sweeter it will be. Also, proper fertilization will increase sweetness.

As your tree matures, you will get more fruit and the quality will increase. With more fruit, you can wait until the first fruit drops and observe the color of the fruit to tell when other fruit will soon drop. You want to pick the fruit before it drops otherwise the stem end will pull out and the opening will rot or get fungus.

Simon

I guess I was under the impression that Chaffey would be more acidic given its description on the lavern's tag, and descriptions online. But again, it might just be how long I let it sit before eating.

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2018, 04:51:01 AM »

I guess I was under the impression that Chaffey would be more acidic given its description on the lavern's tag, and descriptions online. But again, it might just be how long I let it sit before eating.
[/quote]

This year I got my second season of Lisa Atemoya fruit. This years crop was so much better then last year.
I also got my first season of Dream this year and it was not as good as it's hyped up to be Maybe next year
the second season it will improve as well?