Author Topic: Humic acid-acid pyrolignos  (Read 808 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Humic acid-acid pyrolignos
« on: June 20, 2019, 07:24:15 PM »
Today i was thinking to lower the Ph of somme water wich i use to wet my acid loving plants like Ugni,feijoa and somme proteaceae .
Instead of vinnegar i toght to use pyrolignos acid that also contains a lot of humic acid.Has a ph of 3 and i added 4 mg per litter and it turned the water black.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: Humic acid-acid pyrolignos
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 07:44:09 AM »
It rained last night and i colected somme rain water to make another batch of low ph water with pyrolignos/ humic acid.
The black water from above resulted from mixing tap water that had 7,5 ph with the acid(4 mg per litter and it lowered the ph only to 6,9).
By using rain water ,this time the water remained clear and i only added 3 mg of acid per litter of water.I didnt aded more because i was very happy with the result.It lowered the ph to 4,5 in no time.
After only a single day of use,half of the moss in a big pot turned from completely brown to greenish wich made me think that this might be indeed the magic bullet somme people talk about in the reviews from the online sites they buy the acid.
If its that good as i think it will be and i cant buy it ,then i will probably start to make my own.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:51:10 AM by SeaWalnut »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk