Author Topic: What is happening to these new Mango flushes?  (Read 1041 times)

tropical-farmer

• North Miami Beach, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
What is happening to these new Mango flushes?
« on: July 29, 2019, 11:07:56 AM »
Going around my yard this morning i noticed all the mango trees that flushed in the last 1-2 weeks have this weird curly pattern. I did not notice any bugs on the undersurface or on top and do not see any discoloration in the leaves. Could this be a response to the drought in this area, the north miami beach did not get a good rain in the last 2 weeks. Could this be some nutritional deficiency? Surprising is that the trees in the same area that flushed a few weeks back and have enlarged leaves and show no deficiency, and these affected trees are scattered around the yard. Even a potted Nam doc mai has new flushes that showed this.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Satya

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: What is happening to these new Mango flushes?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 07:22:15 PM »
3rd and 4th photos show some kind of fungal problem (localized white powder). I just bush on Neem Oil on the spots.

tropical-farmer

• North Miami Beach, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 09:19:21 PM »
Thanks sapote. I had posted this query in the mango diseases and pests post as well and found out this is drought induced zinc deficiency causing the leaf curl. I had a citrus spray that seems to have zinc, manganese, copper and sulphur in it so i did a foliar spray today. Hope to see improvement and will post update. Thank you.
Satya

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »
"I had a citrus spray that seems to have zinc, manganese, copper and sulphur in it so i did a foliar spray today. Hope to see improvement and will post update. "

I'm interested of the result; wonder if the copper killed the fungus, or Zinc fixed the deficiency. How can we prove which one?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk