Author Topic: Rajapuri Mango  (Read 1642 times)

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Rajapuri Mango
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:52:48 PM »
I have never even heard of this mango before so when I saw it at the Indian supermarket, I had to try it. I have a description of this mango along with pictures here

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=27305.25

I just can’t believe that I have never heard about this mango before. It is absolutely delicious, super juicy and the combination of unique flavors make it stand out from the crowd.

Is anyone growing this variety and does anyone know anything about this variety? This is definitely a variety worth growing in the US.

Simon

nighthawk0911@yahoo.com

• Blue lives matter.
    • SW Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Rajapuri Mango
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:21:06 PM »
I have never even heard of this mango before so when I saw it at the Indian supermarket, I had to try it. I have a description of this mango along with pictures here

I just can’t believe that I have never heard about this mango before. It is absolutely delicious, super juicy and the combination of unique flavors make it stand out from the crowd.

Is anyone growing this variety and does anyone know anything about this variety? This is definitely a variety worth growing in the US.

Simon

From what I've read Rajapuri is the most requested mango in India.  Why we don't hear more about it here I don't know.  Would love to try it.  If you know who has them please advise.  Thanks.
Blessed be the man who plants a tree knowing he will never live to enjoy it's fruit or shade.

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 11:04:25 PM »

Simon

Simon,

The Rajapuri I had also was one of the best even though it was a little soft when I finally got into it. I really like the "piney" taste of Indian mangoes.
Too bad the fruit has been radiated, I planted the seed and it turned to brown pretty quick. Maybe we can get some scions one day here.

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 12:16:09 AM »
Mark, I really want to get scions for this variety. Hopefully someone in the states already has it.
Nighthawk, I purchased the fruit from Miramar Cash and Carry and they are out for the season. Such an amazing mango!

Simon

MANGOJOY

• CORAL SPRINGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 09:28:50 AM »
I think some one in Florida growing a mango called Rajapuri/white Angel.

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 11:48:48 AM »
If anyone has leads, please pm me or try to do some sleuthing to acquire some scions. There are a lot of Mangos with a very unique flavor profile and this is one of them. It would be awesome if it were already in Florida.

Simon

EJO8

• Orange County, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 11:56:36 AM »
I know Fairchild farm has a tree. I attached an email from 2014 regarding the tree

MANGOJOY

• CORAL SPRINGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 01:31:15 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojoukO23xjk

Raja puri mentioned in this video from last year.

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
That’s awesome hopefully it’s the real deal. Now I just have to get my hands on some scions. Thanks for the info everyone,

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk