Author Topic: Dream Atemoya or Dream Cherimoya? Which is it?  (Read 18692 times)

JonathonForester

• Pinellas Co, Fl
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Atemoya or Dream Cherimoya? Which is it?
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »
I wrote Wayne Clifton and he now has a limited number of Scions for sale $10 each and will have some small  trees  in a few months if anyone is intrested
[/quotey
I am! Does he ship or is it pickup in person only? Should I reach out to him directly?

Vincent

• Punta Gorda, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2017, 10:54:04 AM »
Dom,

Good to see you last night at Har's speech-topic on Soursop. How are your Dream (and a couple mine) cherimoyas doing?

Vincent
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:10:01 AM by Vincent »

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »
Dom,

Good to see you last night at Har's speech-topic on Soursop. How are your Dream (and a couple mine) cherimoyas doing?

Vincent

I don't have any Dream cherimoya. Since you called them by my non-preferred name for them, I'm going to pout and ignore you until you say the name the way I like.  ;D

They're working on leafing out now. I might try re-grafting some of the failed ones, but I'm giving them a little more time to push out before declaring them dead. There are some Randhir and Calostro in the back there too, and a few white sapote cocktail trees.
Dom

Vincent

• Punta Gorda, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »
Dom,

Wow! Look at all those! Very nice indeed! Fantastic work! Do you water them everyday since they are in full sun? How quickly do they grow at this stage? Do you have time release fertilizer added?

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2017, 02:15:46 PM »
Dom,

Wow! Look at all those! Very nice indeed! Fantastic work! Do you water them everyday since they are in full sun? How quickly do they grow at this stage? Do you have time release fertilizer added?

Thanks! They get watered about every other day, sometimes daily. I've got them in a pretty well draining mix top dressed with time release fertilizer. At this point they seem to grow painfully slow until they flush out, then quicker from there.
Dom

Jani

• Miramar, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2017, 02:32:34 PM »
Dom,

Thanks! They get watered about every other day, sometimes daily. I've got them in a pretty well draining mix top dressed with time release fertilizer. At this point they seem to grow painfully slow until they flush out, then quicker from there.

Selling?
always longing for a JA Julie

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2017, 02:36:11 PM »
Another thing that came to mind earlier today that would in my mind solve the cherimoya/atemoya question is this: if pollinated by its own pollen (and bagged to exclude any foreign pollen) and the seeds planted out, leaf shape alone in the progeny would tell us if there's any squamosa genetics or not. I'll get a separate brush and pollen container for doing Dream pollination this year, so we should have results this time next year.

If anyone has Dream seedlings, that'd be great to see pics, but if we aren't 100% sure of the pollen parent we couldn't call that conclusive evidence.
Dom

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
Dom,

Vincent

I don't have any Dream cherimoya. Since you called them by my non-preferred name for them, I'm going to pout and ignore you until you say the name the way I like.  ;D

They're working on leafing out now. I might try re-grafting some of the failed ones, but I'm giving them a little more time to push out before declaring them dead. There are some Randhir and Calostro in the back there too, and a few white sapote cocktail trees.

Hey Dom, looking good. What white sapote cultivars do you have? I am trying to catch em all. Right now all I have is Redlands, a tiny Smathers and a Suebelle that is coming back from deaths door that I dug up at a friends house. Excalibur is just so far away and the only ones I see around are Redlands.
-Josh

vlan1

• Austin, 78748 8b Sunset Zone 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2017, 09:01:24 PM »
would you ship any of these 1 gal grafted trees?

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2017, 10:25:34 PM »

I'm looking into shipping, still not sure on that one. Busy AF with work stuff now, so haven't had time to play with figuring out how to safely ship these things.

@Vermented: as of now just Redlands and Vernon.
Dom

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2017, 10:42:14 PM »

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2017, 06:29:16 AM »

I'm thinking I might graft all the Arka Sahan scions I get from you on my Dream so hopefully I can let them hold fruit next year. I'm really looking forward to putting this one to bed one way or another.
Dom

vlan1

• Austin, 78748 8b Sunset Zone 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »

I'm looking into shipping, still not sure on that one. Busy AF with work stuff now, so haven't had time to play with figuring out how to safely ship these things.

The one tree I bought off ebay the guy shook some excess dirt off the rootball, then wrapped it in saran wrap to keep it from drying out then aluminum foil to protect the saran wrap.
And just filled the rest of the box with crumpled newspaper to protect the limbs.  Worked out pretty well.

neihnart@gmail.com

• Orange County, CA. Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2019, 06:50:57 PM »
Hi
I'm a new member.  I've recently come up on this thread. Can someone please tell me where I can buy a Dream (aka Arka Hasan) atemoya/cherimoya/annona ?  I have a PPC atemoya.  Are these two varieties the same?  I'm in Orange County, California.

Thanks,

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2019, 01:13:48 PM »
I saw in the for sale section, someone was selling the scion for the Dream.  I am in So Cal like you.  I may just try to graft it next year when my atemoya / cherimoya trees get older.