Author Topic: Mexicola avocado seeds  (Read 2791 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Mexicola avocado seeds
« on: September 16, 2018, 12:46:00 PM »
7.50 shipping

4$ for 4 seeds.

I only have the 4 seeds at the moment.  Will have more later.  I would normally grow these or toss them but some people want these so here they are if you need mexican avo seeds.
Brad Spaugh

spaugh

• View Profile
Re: Mexicola avocado seeds
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 12:24:22 AM »
So someone in Denmark sent a message asking for these seeds.  Im not berating this guy, he was a perfectly nice guy.  But this is kind of maybe an unreal expectation to expect these to grow in Denmark.  They may have slightly more cold tolerance but still not going to grow and produce somewhere that far north.  Im just sharing that for discussion sake.  He mentioned people in the UK grow these.  I would love to see an avocado tree with fruit on it in England.  If there is a tree that will do it though these would be it.  The fruit is very small and might have a chance of ripening maybe.
Brad Spaugh

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »
he may have a greenhouse.

tbennett93

• North Petherton, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 01:44:12 PM »
7.50 shipping

4$ for 4 seeds.

I only have the 4 seeds at the moment.  Will have more later.  I would normally grow these or toss them but some people want these so here they are if you need mexican avo seeds.

I am looking for Mexicola Avocado seeds, do you have any available?

Thanks!

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 03:41:10 PM »
Mexicola season is long over with in southern CA.  They all ripened and fell off back in October.  Check again in September. 
Brad Spaugh

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 03:02:41 AM »
I agree with Brad on this one.
-Chris

Sune

• Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 04:39:59 PM »
Hi, just find out about that guy from Denmark  ;) - guess who? Actually, I got this idea because I watch 'Go Tropical UK' - a guy sharing his experience with tropical fruit trees in the UK on Youtube - and among other trees, avocado, and he mentions Mexicola. He is growing one in his garden. But it is definitely a milder climate where he lives than here in Denmark, yes. But still, a place so close to Denmark, and if you protect your plants some way during winter. This UK guy is growing feijoa in his garden, and I have also got a couple of plants, and they are growing fine. That was not the case with my Chilean guava, unfortunately, but had I given them some better protection, they might also have survived last winter - an exceptional cold one.
Sune

tbennett93

• North Petherton, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 05:33:21 AM »
Ok, thanks so much for your responses! I will keep an eye out then.

If you or anyone happen to know anyone that does have them please do let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 07:40:22 AM »
Spaugh is the Ayatollah of Mexicola! If only there was a Pied Piper for Aravaipa...

Denmark has a lot of islands, so the water could act like decent insulation, plus microclimate you never know.
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida