Author Topic: Illicium Verum (Chinese Star Anise) Possibly importing  (Read 1408 times)

Blueero

• USA Green Bay, WI
    • View Profile
Illicium Verum (Chinese Star Anise) Possibly importing
« on: November 26, 2017, 04:46:37 PM »
I found an overseas wholesale nursery that has Chinese Star Anise (Illicium Verum) plants for sale.  They are fairly expensive although within what I would pay for one - the problem is, I have to purchase 20 of them

If I can find U.S. buyers for 15 of them at $60. US each, I can buy the 20 of them then ship individual ones to whoever purchases them (that price includes a few dollars for the shipping to you)  they are 10-15 inches tall and will be shipped legally to the U.S.

Please let me know if you are interested.  If you have another source for this plant, I'm willing to buy it from you instead of going to this expense of importing them (If I can find enough interest)  I live in an apartment and definitely cannot afford or have room for 20 of them

Annonaceae

• Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Illicium Verum (Chinese Star Anise) Possibly importing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 05:03:50 PM »
I am not sure if you are only after plants or seeds....however there are people in the USA selling I.verum seeds on Ebay, maybe contact them for seeds or cuttings.

Blueero

• USA Green Bay, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 05:29:35 PM »
Seeds are only viable for a few days.  Every fresh "seed" I have purchased has been dried out --- none have germinated (yet I still purchase them  and plant them in hopes of getting one plant)

I have tried every U.S. online nursery that I could find and have friends looking in Florida and California for me.

Annonaceae

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 07:17:59 PM »
Don't know you import requirements. However Allrareherbs sells plants for AUD$19 each. Do you know anybody here who you can have it sent to, to then on-forward Express to you?

Grapebush

• Portugal, Madeira Island, Funchal, 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 07:23:11 PM »
If you know of someone that have one plant, just ask this person to send you come cuttings (apical cuttings), and you'll get your plants done! I take very easily by cuttings! I've propagated it myself this way a few times, and the success rate is 100%.

Hope it helps.
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

Blueero

• USA Green Bay, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 07:33:13 PM »
I do not know of anyone who has the plant otherwise I would ask for or buy cuttings / fresh seeds.

I do not know anyone in Australia except seller on ebay I contacted asking if they had this plant --- I will search for that nursery and try and arrange to get it sent --- thanks for the possible lead in Australia!  I don't have the room (I live in a small apartment) or the money to purchase 20 of them from that wholesale nursery and would rather spend a little more per plant for `1-2 of them.

Tropical Farmer

• Tropical Farmer
    • 11B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 08:35:15 PM »
Hey Blueero,

You may want to check www.plantogram.com

They are a little pricey, but they are in USA and they are known for great service and quality of plants.
Jo

TurfQueen

• Tampa FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 03:22:19 PM »
Hi Blueero,
Were you ever able to get a bunch of peole to help you buy 20 of the illicium verum plants?  I would like to order 20 of them, as I have a large backyard in sw florida, and try to grow these, so that I can eventually sell small plants to other gardeners like yourself.  Could you help me find the importer of these, that you had found?  Or tell me where else I can buy some plants already sprouted of the illicium verum?  Like you, I've tried so many online sellers of seeds it's ridiculous!  They are never fresh, never viable.  Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk