Author Topic: Pictures of New Yard Happenings  (Read 6472 times)

Jacob13

• Southern California - Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Pictures of New Yard Happenings
« on: February 08, 2012, 09:25:34 AM »
Hello Friends,

I thought I would just post some pics of some of the stuff I have not posted recently.

Yellow Jaboticaba (M. glazioviana)

Giant Florida Purple Surinam Cherry Flowering Profusely

'Reine Claude Dorée' Green Gage Plum - The Best Original Old World Variety

'Jefferson' Green Gage Plum

'White's' Cherimoya with some Fruit

Sorry about the night time pics, It's really the only time I get to take pics with my work schedule right now.

Thanks,

Jacob

lycheeluva

• Brooklyn, NY
  • obsessed with fruit growing, especially lychees
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of New Yard Happenings
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »
nice pics and nice plum trees.
I have a bunch of the old gage tres too. If you want, i can send you some stone fruit scion wood you can graft onto your plums.
I have plum trees that i have grafted peach, nectarine, apricot and other plums

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »
Good luck with the plums and cherimoya!  Where are you precisely?  Are you growing any Japanese plums, peaches, or nectarines?  How big is your lot/property?
John

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »
Hello Friends,

I thought I would just post some pics of some of the stuff I have not posted recently.

Yellow Jaboticaba (M. glazioviana)

Giant Florida Purple Surinam Cherry Flowering Profusely

'Reine Claude Dorée' Green Gage Plum - The Best Original Old World Variety

'Jefferson' Green Gage Plum

'White's' Cherimoya with some Fruit

Sorry about the night time pics, It's really the only time I get to take pics with my work schedule right now.

Thanks,

Jacob

WOW!!!

I love your trees! good job with the cherimoya in pot!!!

Also, I can tell it got in the 40's for sure...surprised your yellow jabo looks so good!  If it got windy and in the 40's, your leaves would all be red and hurting!!

That yellow should fruit this year if you really push it along with small amounts of quick release fertilizer, and full sun and warmth!!!

Thanks for posting nice pics!

U should be on my list of honorary Free Myrciara vexator seedlings...along with Ohiojay and Lycheeluva!!

Email if u'd like me to send you some free seed or maybe a seedling later this year!

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Jacob13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
Hey Adam,

Thanks for the Compliment.  I would say 95% of all of my stuff is all in containers, so it's nice to have something fruit. 

I would love to be on the honorary list to receive a Free Myrciara vexator.  That would be great!

Thanks,

Jacob

MangoFang

• Palm Springs, CA, Zone 9B
  • Palm Springs, CA
    • Riverside, Palm Springs/CA, 92264,9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »
Fabulous, as always, Jacob....and you DO like taking pics at night (!)

;D

OH, and I'm assuming the plums you'll plant outside - gorgeous plants!!!!!!
Your greenhouse is becoming a traffic jam.....

STOP!

:P....  Fang'sMangos

RodneyS

• Cerritos, CA (Zone 11a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:07:15 PM »
Nice pics!

Is your Dr. White cherimoya naturally-pollinated or hand-pollinated

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »
Oh yum, green gage plums, my favorite! Your plants all look very healthy, especially your yellow jaboticaba.
Oscar
PS when quoting a message might be good to remove all the images, especially when there's lots of them.
Oscar
Oscar

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 08:56:35 PM »
Beautiful Jacob! Keep those pics coming.

JF

Jacob13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »
Hey Joe,

Thank you so much.  I am only able to take a few pics of my trees each night since I have been working so late. So every couple of days, I will post something different.

Thanks,

Jacob

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
Jacob,

Also great pictures! Btw, what fruit plants are your most productive in containers?
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Jacob13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 06:44:28 PM »
Hey Nullzy,

Right Now, I would have to say my Fuyu Persimmon, Satsuma Tangerine, and Moro Blood Orange.  Although you can see, right now I have come Cherimoyas, and last year had Capulin Cherries, Jamaican Cherries, Acerola, Tons of Poha Berries. Pepino Melons, Mulberries, and Surinam Cherries, which have all fruited nicely for me in the past and I expect a nice crop from them this year as well. But Fuyu and Satsuma in terms of shear numbers for sure.

Jacob

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 08:06:13 PM »
Hey Nullzy,

Right Now, I would have to say my Fuyu Persimmon, Satsuma Tangerine, and Moro Blood Orange.  Although you can see, right now I have come Cherimoyas, and last year had Capulin Cherries, Jamaican Cherries, Acerola, Tons of Poha Berries. Pepino Melons, Mulberries, and Surinam Cherries, which have all fruited nicely for me in the past and I expect a nice crop from them this year as well. But Fuyu and Satsuma in terms of shear numbers for sure.

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

are you going to let any mangos fruit this year? is your sapodilla flowering?

JF

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »
Hey Nullzy,

Jacob
Really good to hear, I have a Hana Fuyu my GF gave me for a present. I am hoping it will be a productive container tree. So far blueberries, citrus, and apples have been productive for me.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Jacob13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »
Hey JF,

I am still up in the air about letting my Mangos hold any fruit.  My Alphonso, which is a Beast is flushing and flowering like a maniac and plenty big to hold fruit, so I most likely will let it do it's thing.  As for the Coconut Cream, Pickering, Lemon Zest, and Pina Colada, I am not sure, but probably not.

As for the Sapodilla, that sucker never stops flowering.  It has flowered year round sinec I got it about 2.5 years ago.  It is a "Prolific" I got from Puerto Rico and I guess the name says it all, so hopefully it will hold some fruit this year, it is definitely big enough and has enough flowers.  I kid you not, it is in flower 100% of the time so we'll see.

Thanks,

Jacob

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 08:46:17 PM »
Hey JF,

I am still up in the air about letting my Mangos hold any fruit.  My Alphonso, which is a Beast is flushing and flowering like a maniac and plenty big to hold fruit, so I most likely will let it do it's thing.  As for the Coconut Cream, Pickering, Lemon Zest, and Pina Colada, I am not sure, but probably not.

As for the Sapodilla, that sucker never stops flowering.  It has flowered year round sinec I got it about 2.5 years ago.  It is a "Prolific" I got from Puerto Rico and I guess the name says it all, so hopefully it will hold some fruit this year, it is definitely big enough and has enough flowers.  I kid you not, it is in flower 100% of the time so we'll see.

Thanks,

Jacob
I will aslo let my Alfonso fruit this year, I think it's ready. Are all your mangos in containers? My Hasya sapodilla keeps flowering but not setting fruits. I wish both of us luck this summer.

JF

Jacob13

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »
Hey JF,

Yes,  All of my Mangos are in Containers.  I am planing on planting out at least 2 or 3 this Spring.  The Pickering will stay in the Pot, but I think the Coconut Cream, Lemon Zest, and the Alphonso are going into the Ground this Spring, and probably the Pina Colada as well.  The Sapodilla seems like its having a party in the pot it in right now, so I will most likely leave its in there for a while.

Thanks,

Jacob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk