Author Topic: My Experience at Tropical Acres Farm  (Read 1805 times)

FloridaBoy

• South Florida
    • View Profile
My Experience at Tropical Acres Farm
« on: July 21, 2019, 08:02:14 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I just want to take the time to shout out Tropical Acres Farms for their exceptional service and level of knowledge.  Alex and his mother were a pleasure to work with and he even went out to pick certain varieties for me and everything.  Besides that he was very generous with his knowledge and I truly can appreciate the fact that he gave me some of his time to talk mangoes.  All the Mangoes were top shelf and his Duncans were outstanding.  That property is Ideal for Mangoes and Im not just hyping it up.   Just look at the ground for yourself next time youre there.
I also got a little 3 gallon of something special and I couldnt be more pleased about it.  Alex thank you for what you do for this community and your time.  I will definitely be back for more in no time.

Best Regards,
Alex

Jungle Yard

• @onlinetropicals
  • 10A, 1.3 mi. from the coast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota
    • View Profile
Re: My Experience at Tropical Acres Farm
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 08:12:42 AM »
I can attest to that too.
Zone Pusher

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 09:41:03 AM »
And thank you for your incomparable website with all the mango variety information!
https://www.tropicalacresfarms.com/
John

FloridaBoy

• South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 09:43:32 AM »
Yes!  He needs to build an app.

Alejandro45

• Palm Beach FL, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 10:04:04 AM »
I have been super busy these past few weeks and finally made it out there! Alex is a great guy! The Duncan's he had were easily the best I ever tried and my wifes favorite. I agree being so costal and having the sand ridge is great for mangos. I will have to take up his offer on a grafted thai everbearing!

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 04:15:30 PM »
I will be visiting there shortly with my family ...

Ed
Zone 10

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 04:32:43 PM »
Alex and the Tropical Acres website is a great resource for this forum and all the members.

Simon

sttmike

• st.thomas, vi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »
just another thumbs up to alex.

i was there in july of 2018 and he was very generous with his time and knowledge.

took home a suitcase full of mangoes and ordered boxes for my kids that live in the states.   really helped (along with the great folks on this forum) when deciding on which varieties to plant to replace the trees lost in irma and maria.

now, if he would only ship to the vi.   : >)

best,

mike

mangomanic12

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 12:09:15 PM »
I take my yearly trip to Florida all the way from Arizona via New York then to West Palm Beach for my Mango fix for the last 5-6 years. Alex is always my first stop when i land in WPB . Great service, Great Knowledge , Great person, Great quality mangoes.
I love the fact he is always expanding/ planting new mangoes yearly. I am keeping an eye on his awesome list to try new cultivars that may interest me next year... of course tree may be too small / early to produce at that time but he always has something else new to try.

I highly recommend newbies especially to go to Tropical Acres Farms in West Palm Beach not only for fruit but for knowledge regarding different mango cultivars. Alex is a rich source of information in which he happily shares with customers.

Mike