Author Topic: Best tasting mangos?  (Read 2956 times)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Best tasting mangos?
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2020, 09:47:47 PM »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2020, 09:54:55 PM »
I would imagine the second tenet of Australianism after not being eaten would be don't get poisoned. With the exception of alcohol ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 09:59:05 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »
Stories about the first arrival of the Bowen mangoes from presumably india in ships in the 1800's are delivered in hushed tones out of respect and reverence in pubs around the twon.

saltyreefer

• Palm Bay, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2020, 09:56:29 PM »
It all comes down to personal taste, my Glenn this year produced some freaking great tasting mangoes. So I put another in  :)  My Haden was amazing also, Carrie was ok, kent was decent.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2020, 10:03:58 PM »
Stories about the first arrival of the Bowen mangoes from presumably india in ships in the 1800's are delivered in hushed tones out of respect and reverence in pubs around the twon.
I actually started a thread about mango tourism. The first stop was in Peru because they have mangoes in December and then the second stop was going to be in Bowen. If i remember right the rotary club or some outfit sponsors a festival there

https://www.northqueenslandregister.com.au/story/6401736/where-every-man-goes/

Ecuador and Peru
December is just a hard month for mangoes; volumes are high as Ecuador descends from their peak, while early starts of the Peru season bring in extra fruit volumes; all of this while consumers are worried about sweet potatoes and holidays,” Arias said. Rafael Chiriboga, director of Pilot, SA, one of the two main USA-bound organic producers in Ecuador, said overall growing conditions have been excellent, with slightly cooler temperatures than average. With consistent quality available, Chiriboga said the biggest challenge for Ecuador is the month of December when production remains strong and US market demand declines as the end of the year approaches.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:19:39 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 08:47:30 PM »
The best tasting mangoes come from my yard. The second-best come over my fence from my neighbor's yard and the third would be Tropical Acres Farms. If I ever got one from Rob it would definitely be the best.Lol ;D

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2020, 08:58:50 PM »
I actually started a thread about mango tourism. The first stop was in Peru because they have mangoes in December and then the second stop was going to be in Bowen. If i remember right the rotary club or some outfit sponsors a festival there

https://www.northqueenslandregister.com.au/story/6401736/where-every-man-goes/

Ecuador and Peru
December is just a hard month for mangoes; volumes are high as Ecuador descends from their peak, while early starts of the Peru season bring in extra fruit volumes; all of this while consumers are worried about sweet potatoes and holidays,” Arias said. Rafael Chiriboga, director of Pilot, SA, one of the two main USA-bound organic producers in Ecuador, said overall growing conditions have been excellent, with slightly cooler temperatures than average. With consistent quality available, Chiriboga said the biggest challenge for Ecuador is the month of December when production remains strong and US market demand declines as the end of the year approaches.

So is this mango pilgrimage happening this December? Who else is in?
Next one i invite for the pilgrimage to West Bengal mango festival in June next year.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2020, 09:09:10 PM »
We are surely missing our friends from the UK and Australia. Hopefully by next mango season we will see more of y'all. Deerfield Beach has some nice condos on the beach that can be reserved through RCI. It would really be hard to justify leaving South Florida for mangoes during that time of year. I would like to go to the Buxton spice Festival in Guyana. To see the Buxton Spice Girls but I fear my wife would pluck my eyes out. LoL :)

https://www.rci.com/resort-directory/resortDetails?resortCode=0583

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 09:25:59 PM by bovine421 »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2020, 06:31:08 AM »
I would imagine the second tenet of Australianism after not being eaten would be don't get poisoned. With the exception of alcohol ;)

Australia Snakes in the Ceiling
In this photo provided by Steven Brown, a snake slithers out the door of a home at Laceys Creek, Australia, Monday, Aug. 31, 2020. David Tait returned home and was surprised to discover that his kitchen ceiling had collapsed under the weight of two large pythons apparently fighting over a mate. (Steven Brown/Brisbane North Snake Catchers and Relocation via AP)

Grab mango on the table and run!

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2020, 06:49:21 AM »
That is chicken feed as it is just a carpet python.In the far north where there are big amethyst pythons (to 5.7m in my yard), Taipans, death adders, eastern browns and so much more is where the real snake action is. Brisbane is a little vanilla for snakes.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2020, 06:54:48 AM »
That is chicken feed as it is just a carpet python.In the far north where there are big amethyst pythons (to 5.7m in my yard), Taipans, death adders, eastern browns and so much more is where the real snake action is. Brisbane is a little vanilla for snakes.
Grab the alcohol and run I think I may need a little poisoning. Lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk