Author Topic: replacing non-fruit tree with more fruit trees  (Read 1113 times)

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
replacing non-fruit tree with more fruit trees
« on: July 25, 2016, 04:41:15 PM »
single handedly fell this tree 30+foot. So now, I have more space for mangos and cherimoya.  My target was to land it on the boxes but missed it by a few inches. No plants or trees were damaged, luckily. But neighnor in the back has a super large mulberry tree that's blocking the afternoon sun. Maybe I'll put another greenhouse there and plant some soursop there.  Anyone selling seedless soursop?

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: replacing non-fruit tree with more fruit trees
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:15 AM »
Good job! Sometimes we get complacent with things such as annoying trees that don't produce fruit sitting there in our yards, just taking up space and blocking sun from our fruit producing trees.

Sometimes we gardeners also get lazy and keep fruit trees that don't produce well or the fruit quality is not good, removing these bad fruit trees and replacing them with better fruit trees can be even more difficult than removing non fruiting trees.

Keep up the great work. I see your yard is messy like mine, I need to motivate myself to clean it up:)

Simon

Stan

Re: replacing non-fruit tree with more fruit trees
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 12:35:47 PM »
Great minds think alike. I just cut down a big old Brugmansia yesterday. I got tired of it needing so much summer water. But,since its in a spot that gets only morning to midday sun when the house shades it ( a side yard) I'm thinking move some Cherimoya's I grew from seed there. A Meyer lemon is doing well a bit farther down the side yard.
I might even go temperate. Plum,Apricot. Love them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk