Author Topic: Too much fruit harms society ?  (Read 7200 times)

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Re: Too much fruit harms society ?
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2020, 11:27:40 AM »
Keeps this 72 yr old fruit nut regular as a clock ;D
Me, too!  (I'm 69.)  ;D ;D
John

Budtropicals

• Largest collection in the smallest yard!
    • South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2020, 12:48:27 PM »
For those wondering, problem with veganism is that you dont get the proper nutrients your body needs. its scientifically proven that your intelligence drops if you go vegan. You literally become an idiot. Thats just one of the downsides. It is indeed healthier to eat less meat and more plant products, but not 100% plant products. For example i'm mostly vegetarian, I eat mostly plant based meals. Most commonly rice and beans. But I still eat things such as eggs and certain dairy. And occasionally certain kinds of meats.

Hopefully you get it now.

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2020, 01:39:15 PM »
For those wondering, problem with veganism is that you dont get the proper nutrients your body needs. its scientifically proven that your intelligence drops if you go vegan. You literally become an idiot. Thats just one of the downsides. It is indeed healthier to eat less meat and more plant products, but not 100% plant products. For example i'm mostly vegetarian, I eat mostly plant based meals. Most commonly rice and beans. But I still eat things such as eggs and certain dairy. And occasionally certain kinds of meats.

I'm not vegan, but where is the scientific literature on this?
John

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2020, 03:48:03 PM »
Man I always eat my fruit so fast that I'd never be able to collect enough to make mash with for alcohol, haha. If it's ripe, I'll dome that thing in about 2.5 seconds flat after picking.

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2020, 05:31:12 PM »

I'd also like to see the scientific literature that 'proves' this.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 06:30:28 PM »
Years ago I was vegan for 6 years. Let me be more precise. I ate fish every now and then so I was 99.5% vegan.  For all vegans out there----And this is no lie---- You will all hit the wall eventually.  More so for men than women. Women can hold out longer on a zero animal food diet.

Vegan men will definitely cave in sooner and give it up.  You want to try a real health kick. Juice two bunches celery before you eat anything. Celery juice X2 for breakfast. Optional add ins are ginger and lime and MSM powder.
https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Medium-Celery-Juice-Worldwide/dp/140195765X/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=celery+juice&qid=1593470122&sr=8-6
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 06:36:39 PM by zands »

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 06:52:00 PM »
Years ago I was vegan for 6 years. Let me be more precise. I ate fish every now and then so I was 99.5% vegan.  For all vegans out there----And this is no lie---- You will all hit the wall eventually.  More so for men than women. Women can hold out longer on a zero animal food diet.
Purely anecdotal, not scientific, although I respect your advice based on personal experience.  I'm not thinking about becoming vegan.  Too late for that.
John

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »
Alcoholism is a personal problem which doesn't have so much to do with fruit or even alcohol production.
I grow far more than I can eat and also make wine but don't drink to excess. Today I started a batch of pineapple peel wine from 15 fresh home grown pineapples. I have bottles of wine from 3 years ago when I am invited somewhere I walk with a bottle or two to share. Anybody want to invite me to dinner?

Budtropicals

• South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2020, 08:38:45 PM »

You and the other guy want me to go look for the evidence? I'm not your free encyclopedia, you can go find it yourself. This isnt some facebook conspiracy. Just search it up and a number of articles will pop up.

Plus its kind of common sense.... I don't think I need to explain why it is.

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2020, 08:44:45 PM »

There are some things that can drop your IQ, but being a vegan isn’t one of them as long you someone gets all their essential amino acids. Blanket statements are almost always false.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

Budtropicals

• South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2020, 08:57:45 PM »

There are some things that can drop your IQ, but being a vegan isn’t one of them as long you someone gets all their essential amino acids. Blanket statements are almost always false.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/lifestyle/health-and-wellbeing/260118/going-vegan-may-make-you-stupid-says-study.html#:~:text=According%20to%20researchers%2C%20giving%20up,health%20consequences%20for%20future%20generations.

https://www.animalactivistwatch.com/animal-rights-activism/going-vegan-makes-you-dumb/

https://neurosciencenews.com/vegan-diet-brain-health-14845/

Those are just 3 of some of the ones I found from a quick search. Look into it yourself.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2020, 09:10:43 PM »

Im not trolling veganism but a vegan cant get the essential aminoacids because those are found only in animal byproducts.
They are called essential but doesnt mean they really are essential just that humans cant break them down from plants.
To each on their own and i respect people choices.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2020, 09:51:18 PM »
I have bottles of wine from 3 years ago when I am invited somewhere I walk with a bottle or two to share. Anybody want to invite me to dinner?
I hear the large tub beginning to boil... Yep, your gonna make one cannibal Very Happy....

Just kidding. But, since you dive, I like to invite people to go with me.... I'm always looking for something fresh for trolling.... Just kidding again... lol...

I haven't had a glass of my homemade wine in over 3 months... But I'm rapidly getting into a silly mood desirous of more silliness. By the way, I've eaten A LOT Of FRUIT TODAY.... Soooo let's see the Topic... AAAH::: Too much fruit harms society ?.............. Sure It's the Fruit's Fault.... lol.... It's the perfect reply for SeaWalnut....

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2020, 10:36:30 PM »
Thanks for the links, Bud.  Sorry to impose on you.  As hunter-gatherers humans were omnivorous.  It seems the logical way to go, but at my age a little meat goes a long way.  Wouldn't want to go a day without fruit, however.  It seems to suffice for my breakfast.  And I get along very well without fast food and soft drinks--probably harming society more than fruit!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:41:54 PM by johnb51 »
John

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2020, 11:26:06 PM »
I have bottles of wine from 3 years ago when I am invited somewhere I walk with a bottle or two to share. Anybody want to invite me to dinner?
I hear the large tub beginning to boil... Yep, your gonna make one cannibal Very Happy....

Just kidding. But, since you dive, I like to invite people to go with me.... I'm always looking for something fresh for trolling.... Just kidding again... lol...

I haven't had a glass of my homemade wine in over 3 months... But I'm rapidly getting into a silly mood desirous of more silliness. By the way, I've eaten A LOT Of FRUIT TODAY.... Soooo let's see the Topic... AAAH::: Too much fruit harms society ?.............. Sure It's the Fruit's Fault.... lol.... It's the perfect reply for SeaWalnut....
Fructose from fruits its almost equal with alcohol and it damages the liver same way as alcohol.
If you feed a human or a kid mainly on sweet fruits it will get cirrhosis similar to cirrhosis from alcohol.
Fructose needs to be breaked down by the liver just like alcohol and we can only process 60 grams of fructose a day.

Eating a lot of sweet fruits can be as harmfull as drinking alcohol.
Its just science and if you do a basic google search about fructose ,youl see im right.
Sugar from supermarket bag its more healthy than fructose from fruit but we dont eat fruits especially for the fructose only.
If i fed my bees fructose they have a 9 days lifespan while from eating crystal sugar from a bag they can live up to 2 months.
At least if we grow fruits that in excess can damage the liver same way as alcohol,then alcohol i think its a better option .

The forum its not about trolling fruits but about being aware of the legacy you can leave to your family future generations by planting a lot of fruit trees( orchards).

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2020, 06:50:37 AM »

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/lifestyle/health-and-wellbeing/260118/going-vegan-may-make-you-stupid-says-study.html#:~:text=According%20to%20researchers%2C%20giving%20up,health%20consequences%20for%20future%20generations.

https://www.animalactivistwatch.com/animal-rights-activism/going-vegan-makes-you-dumb/

https://neurosciencenews.com/vegan-diet-brain-health-14845/

Those are just 3 of some of the ones I found from a quick search. Look into it yourself.

As I said if someone can get all their essentials from a vegan diet they won't have any physiological deficits. Most vegans need dietary supplementation to meet those needs. All articles point to a nutrient deficiency causing a deficit, which can be incorporated with supplementation. A more plant based diet is generally conducive to good health.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2020, 08:51:33 AM »

Im not trolling veganism but a vegan cant get the essential aminoacids because those are found only in animal byproducts.
They are called essential but doesnt mean they really are essential just that humans cant break them down from plants.
To each on their own and i respect people choices.

Man, you guys are hating up a storm on vegans lol :P Calling us idiots and such...

Sea Walnut what in the world?!?! This is not true at all, the reason they are called essential amino acids is because they are the only amino acids your body cannot synthesize.

Plant amino acids are more readily available and have easier assimilation by the body than those found in meats. Meat is putrefactive and exactly how it digests... it rots. The colon cancer cases you see in heavy red meat eaters... Ever stop and wonder why meat is covered in bacteria like e. Coli, Samonella and other gnarly bacteria? I guarantee when you cut open the rest of their intestinal tract it isn't any prettier.

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2020, 10:15:21 AM »
Thanks for the links, Bud.  Sorry to impose on you.  As hunter-gatherers humans were omnivorous.  It seems the logical way to go, but at my age a little meat goes a long way.  Wouldn't want to go a day without fruit, however.  It seems to suffice for my breakfast.  And I get along very well without fast food and soft drinks--probably harming society more than fruit!

I ate vegan for a couple years and I’m glad for the experience. It exposed me to many more veggies than I had previously been in the habit of eating.
One of the main things I remember is frequently being hungry and/or thinking a lot about what I wanted to eat next LOL
But similar to what John is saying, I eventually came to the decision that a well-rounded diet including sensible amounts of clean, natural animal products was right for me.

I also learned that it’s foolish to try to foist my diet onto everyone else and/or act like I have it figured out. Bodies and their needs are different.

I encourage folks to experiment and find a diet that works for them. About the only things I see as near-absolute dangers are excessive sugar and processed foods (including mega-processed vegan foods).

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2020, 11:32:34 AM »
Jabba The Hutt....... You lived in freezing ass Lockport NY and now you are in prime mango growing Florida territory. It is imposible to be a vegan in Lockport but Florida maybe. I love the vitamin D intake when I go outside here in FL. Wearing a t-shirt or not, the sun making vitamin D for us all is something else. And we all know vitamin D is very anti-Covid virus.

Unfortunately - all vegans hit the wall. Eventually. My advice to them is that when they cave, eat white meat fish like cod and flounder. Or any kind of fish. Become a pescatarian for a while, while you figure out what to do next.

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2020, 11:51:37 AM »
The forum its not about trolling fruits but about being aware of the legacy you can leave to your family future generations by planting a lot of fruit trees( orchards).
Ok, you've made your point.  And you have no experience or interest in tropical fruit growing, and nothing constructive to add to this forum.  You've told us what we do is actually bad for society.  So could you please just move on now.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:19:02 PM by johnb51 »
John

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 01:31:26 PM »

You and the other guy want me to go look for the evidence? I'm not your free encyclopedia, you can go find it yourself. This isnt some facebook conspiracy. Just search it up and a number of articles will pop up.

Plus its kind of common sense.... I don't think I need to explain why it is.

HAHAHA

I love how people just want to spout off whatever they think and feel and claim it as truth but then don't want to back it up with any evidence, like it's someone elses responsibility to prove what they said.  Such a stupid phenomenon going on.  Is it really ridiculous to support your statements? Easy answer, no.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2020, 02:24:52 PM »
I love the vitamin D intake when I go outside here in FL. Wearing a t-shirt or not, the sun making vitamin D for us all is something else. And we all know vitamin D is very anti-Covid virus.
A small Readers Digest article this month expounds on the benefits of going outside into the Sunshine for acquiring Vitamin D and perhaps other substances also produced by the skin while in sunlight to help: Lower Blood Pressue increasing nitric oxide levels, lower Heart Disease, lower Stroke and over all Live longer.  Per Dermatologist Richard Weller University of Edinburgh :::Found the same article reprinted on line::: https://www.magzter.com/article/Lifestyle/Readers-Digest-US/Do-We-Really-Need-Sun-Protection

Article says a large study of people only taking Vitamin D without sun exposure failed to show these benefits.

Pretty funny, I believe it says something like if someone comes in with a basal cell carcinoma he usually tells them congratulations this is easy to cut off and the odds are you will live longer since you go into the sunshine often... lol... My dermatologist did not tell me that...lol.  Interesting point of view and I hope Dr. Weller is correct....

Budtropicals

• South Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2020, 03:55:05 PM »
Wow, what an immense shitstorm of contradictions and imamturity this has become. I personally find it quite funny that such things can happen from mere words on a screen.

Listen to what you what to listen do, its not my problem what you choose to do, but learn to take a little criticism and factual evidence. For example, just because some guy said that going vegan is going to save animal lives lied to you. Everything you eat will always come with a death toll for something other than a plant. If you are doing it because you believe its healthier that's also incorrect, but again i' m not going to tell you how to live your lives.

Now then, this is enough negativity for me, have a good day everyone.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2020, 05:33:16 PM »
Jabba the hut,plants dont have the ,,essential aminoacids,, .
These are found only in animal byproducts and in bacteria and algae.
Algae are not plants for the matter .
And talking about bad rotting smells ,the bad smell that comes from rotting meat ,its due to the essential aminoacids being turned into amines.
These amines are bad smelling substances with names like cadaverine,putrescine,etc.
Plant matter doesnt smells bad when it rots due to the fact that it doesnt contains these essential aminoacids.
This is just to inform you not to tell you or vegans what aminoacids you should eat .Its science and organic chemistry.
If you want to take essential aminoacids you can get them from algae but algae are not plants ,they are protists so its not vegan and when it rotts it smells exactly like meat.
As i said,i have raw vegans friends that eat only raw plants and i respect them even thogh i eat meat every day .
I dont open the can of worms about B12 vitamin thats not found in plants and how vegans will get to take it as injectable solution after a few years of being vegan.
Forum is about fruit turned to alcohol wich kills a quarter of the population of a country.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2020, 06:55:05 PM »
Professional Gaslighting! Thanks for shitstorming and walking away. Actually your facts are incorrect. Your lack of factual evidence , complete. Your reason for being a kook, unknown. My desire to argue with crazy people that are close minded and always right, zero.

Wow, what an immense shitstorm of contradictions and imamturity this has become. I personally find it quite funny that such things can happen from mere words on a screen.

Listen to what you what to listen do, its not my problem what you choose to do, but learn to take a little criticism and factual evidence. For example, just because some guy said that going vegan is going to save animal lives lied to you. Everything you eat will always come with a death toll for something other than a plant. If you are doing it because you believe its healthier that's also incorrect, but again i' m not going to tell you how to live your lives.

Now then, this is enough negativity for me, have a good day everyone.