Author Topic: Your Favorite Telescoping Pole Pruner?  (Read 1399 times)

Fiddler

• Florida 9B
    • View Profile
Your Favorite Telescoping Pole Pruner?
« on: November 02, 2018, 07:13:05 PM »
Up till now I've been occasionally borrowing my neighbor's manual pole saw/pruner, and now I've decided to buy my own. I almost never used the curved saw blade on his, the lopper did everything I wanted.
     Now I'm researching the various pole pruners on the market. I've decided I don't want the external pull rope because it always flapped around getting tangled in branches and I'd rather keep both hands on the pole. The internal rope seems to be the way to go.
     The Sniper seems interesting. Anyone have one?
     What is your favorite pole pruner?
     I'll carefully consider all suggestions and advice.

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Telescoping Pole Pruner?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:01:51 AM »
Battery powered pole saw all the way. It's an investment, but I use the blower, hedge trimmer, and chainsaw already. The pole saw worked extremely well in pruning ever-growing mangoes this year.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-10-in-Pole-Saw-Attachment-for-EGO-Power-Head-System-PSA1000/301276692

strkpr00

• USA, Florida, Davie zone10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 07:51:30 AM »
I second this move. This is the route I took.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/pole-saw-attachment-41ajps-c902/prod20140622.ip?pid=_CSE_Connex_Chain_Saws_&_Wood_Chippers&source=ifpla&CAWELAID=730010300000881317

Battery powered pole saw all the way. It's an investment, but I use the blower, hedge trimmer, and chainsaw already. The pole saw worked extremely well in pruning ever-growing mangoes this year.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-10-in-Pole-Saw-Attachment-for-EGO-Power-Head-System-PSA1000/301276692

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:40:07 AM »
If you're into high quality tools, Husqvarna makes the best batt powered landscaping products on the market. I have their batt powered chainsaw that smokes my older gas powered saw. They also have some really nice pole saws.

Note that the batt powered saw wins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WpsXg3xGDU
Jeff  :-)

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 11:12:07 AM »
Yes, I agree i have a Husqyarna pole saw (gas powered) have had it for years and love it can prune up those tall branches and top trees easily. Highly recommend.

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »
This is what i use for just about everything. Stihl

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 02:40:11 PM »
Stihl might have an edge up when it comes to gas powered machines. But I think husqvarna makes the best battery powered units. I've been switching over to battery.. just got a batt powered hedge trimmer too. Lighter weight (usually), less noise, no futzing with gummed up carburetors nor storing and mixing gas. If you get 2 batteries, the charge time is roughly the same as discharge time, so you can just keep rotating. They've designed the batteries such that they last roughly as long as a full tank of gas.
Jeff  :-)

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 03:26:30 PM »
Stihl, does't warranty unless you use premium gas