Author Topic: Sarawak pineapple plants  (Read 1354 times)

Evildeadguy

• Polk County, FL, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Sarawak pineapple plants
« on: June 12, 2018, 05:11:31 PM »
Newly potted Sarawak pineapple plants can't wait to see how they turn out over time i will keep
the group updated :)

Pineapples i Grow: Natal Queen

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
Re: Sarawak pineapple plants
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:46:13 AM »
I have never heard of these. What do you know about them?

Bill

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:18:40 AM »
Nice looking plants, youve got quite a collection of pineapples now. It would be nice if you had multiple varieties fruiting at the same time so you can compare and contrast the taste of the different varieties.

Simon

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:47:43 AM »
I have never heard of these. What do you know about them?

Bill

Sarawak’ is vigorous growing and bears large (about 2.5 kg), egg-shaped fruit held on a short and strong peduncle. The fruitlets or ‘eyes’ are broad and flat. The flesh is pale yellow, very juicy with fairly high acid (0.5-0.9%) and sugar (12-16 ° Brix). Leaves are generally smooth with occasional spines at the tips.

Evildeadguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
Nice looking plants, youve got quite a collection of pineapples now. It would be nice if you had multiple varieties fruiting at the same time so you can compare and contrast the taste of the different varieties.

Simon

I try to start each variety close to the same time I have potted up each variety I have this week I took all the suckers and slips off the mother plants couldn't wait till the fruit was ripe to take them off wanted to give them a head start so they will have all summer to grow by next summer they should fruit again that's if I decide to force flower them again