Author Topic: Phyto certificates and Arizona?  (Read 734 times)

turpentyne

• 9b - 10a
    • View Profile
Phyto certificates and Arizona?
« on: June 11, 2020, 08:00:47 PM »
I've been scanning eBay and such for interesting plants to get, but one thing I've noticed is a lot of plants listed with a note, "No Shipping to Arizona" - which, of course, is where I am. In fact, I did order a plant via eBay, and overlooked the note. I was lucky they went ahead and sent it to me.

At first, I thought our summer heat was the reason. Now I'm wondering if it's some sort of Phytocertificate requirement we may have? All a new thing for me. Maybe someone can give a little clarity? Maybe @FlyingFoxFruits? I noticed Adam's listing stuff on eBay with the "No Arizona" note.

Just looking for a little education on reasons.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Phyto certificates and Arizona?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 08:05:09 PM »
Arizona is one of only 4 states that require a certificate that the plants are nematode free. The others are California, Louisiana, and Texas. So these 4 are harder for nurseries to send to.
Oscar

turpentyne

• 9b - 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 08:08:25 PM »
good to know.. in fact, I think I've perused your site a couple times. If buying seeds, I don't need to worry about this, correct? I've mostly been buying seeds from Tradewinds and SilverHill

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 08:17:46 PM »
good to know.. in fact, I think I've perused your site a couple times. If buying seeds, I don't need to worry about this, correct? I've mostly been buying seeds from Tradewinds and SilverHill
Only applies to plants, not seeds.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk