Author Topic: AKME Gardens Storefront - Foley, AL - Coming Soon (March 1, 2021)  (Read 1322 times)

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • USA, AL, Silverhill, 8B
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website

Everyone, I wanted to announce the beginning of our new Storefront in the city of Foley, Alabama, just off the coast of the northern Gulf of Mexico.  1501 North McKenzie Street, Foley, Alabama, right on the main highway leading to the beach.

AKME Gardens having a brick and mortar location is a dream come true for us. We are sanding walls and getting ready to paint the interior soon.  We intend to have everything gardening related you can imagine here, including some indoor/outdoor dining for those wishing to have some fruit and vegetable centric snacks, smoothies, health foods and unique deserts (non-health foods--hey, I don't judge).

We plan to carry rare fruit tree types covering everything from Loquats (duh) to Citrus, plus rare garden fruits and vegetables, gardening tools (quality only), supplements and foliars, soil mediums (some premixed), shelf foods, aquatic plants, garden paintings (genuine), collectibles, custom grafting services, field guides/books and even occasional live events and music.  If all goes well, I can even install a drive-through at this location full with menus so people can stay in their cars and shop both food and plants quickly.

What's more?  Everything we carry in the store will eventually be made available on our website so you may order it from the convenience of your own home from anywhere in the country without having to visit the location.

We are excited to announce this new expansion of our AKME Gardens services. We hope to have our doors open by March 1, 2021, and am hoping to get a chance to meet many of you when you pass by this area.

Store Hours

Business Card

Update:
We can really use the help from our previous customers who have received seeds, scions, trees, garden supplies, etc., to give our Google listing a presence and help with local sales.

Now that we have Storefront overhead expenses, we need vocal support now more than ever to push marketing.   ;D ;D

Anyhow, if anyone wishes to give us a shout out, please Google AKME Gardens or click HERE.

Thank you all so much for your support and business.  I truly feel I am amongst the world's finest community of friends when dealing with fruit tree enthusiasts.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 06:09:21 AM by Viking Guy »

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
Re: AKME Gardens Storefront - Foley, AL - Coming Soon (March 1, 2021)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 09:12:37 PM »
Congratulations and good luck!
Baldwin County is a beautiful area.

Kevin

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 08:47:39 AM »
The opposite end of Alabama from me, but like most Alabamians, I go down to the Gulf when I need some time on the beach. I will make a stop next time I am in the area.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 08:10:02 PM »
Congratulations and good luck!
Baldwin County is a beautiful area.

Kevin

Thank you greatly.  We did want to live in a different area originally, but this county has grown on us.

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 08:11:42 PM »
The opposite end of Alabama from me, but like most Alabamians, I go down to the Gulf when I need some time on the beach. I will make a stop next time I am in the area.

Looking forward to meeting you.  Back when I lived in north Bama, I did the same thing every year since the 80s.  Love this place.  Watched it go from dirt roads to a tourist metropolis.   Crazy how it developed.

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 06:09:36 PM »
I'm just the opposite... grew up in Mobile.... went to T-Town for college... married T-Town girl... stuck around!

Kevin

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 01:57:40 PM »
I'm just the opposite... grew up in Mobile.... went to T-Town for college... married T-Town girl... stuck around!

Kevin

Them women sure know how to uproot us.   ;D

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 06:08:25 AM »
Just a heads up.

We can really use the help from our previous customers who have received seeds, scions, trees, garden supplies, etc., to give our Google listing a presence and help with local sales.

Now that we have Storefront overhead expenses, we need vocal support now more than ever to push marketing.   ;D ;D

Anyhow, if anyone wishes to give us a shout out, please Google AKME Gardens or click HERE.

Thank you all so much for your support and business.  I truly feel I am amongst the world's finest community of friends when dealing with fruit tree enthusiasts.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 05:03:11 PM »

Kevin

Them women sure know how to uproot us.   ;D
Them universities do, too.
John

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 11:50:34 PM »
Hey all.  Due to the catastrophic damages people endured in the Midwest from the unprecedented polar vortex freezes, I decided to go ahead and get our nursery approved for shipping citrus trees.  I have an inspection and should hopefully be certified within the next week or two.

My first hope is that everyone's citrus trees survive and grow back, but if they do not, I want to make sure I provide a source for people to replace their lost citrus.  I will also offer multi-grafted services for the citrus once we are approved to ship them.

My prayers are with you all.  Please stay safe.

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »
Thanks for the Citrus.. I dabble in Citrus a bit.. and it will be a pleasure to order locally.
I'm especially interested in cold hardy Mandarines... like Satsumas.

Thanks.

Kevin

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 01:53:05 PM by Kevin Jones »

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 12:40:40 PM »
Hey all.  Due to the catastrophic damages people endured in the Midwest from the unprecedented polar vortex freezes, I decided to go ahead and get our nursery approved for shipping citrus trees.  I have an inspection and should hopefully be certified within the next week or two.

My first hope is that everyone's citrus trees survive and grow back, but if they do not, I want to make sure I provide a source for people to replace their lost citrus.  I will also offer multi-grafted services for the citrus once we are approved to ship them.

My prayers are with you all.  Please stay safe.

What kind of citrus are you growing/selling and where will you be able to ship? May want to send some out of state friends and fam a tree.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk