Author Topic: Wanted: Rambutan, Pulasan and Mangosteen trees  (Read 1654 times)

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
Wanted: Rambutan, Pulasan and Mangosteen trees
« on: April 21, 2020, 03:46:33 PM »
Hello,
I recently moved to Puerto Rico and am looking to buy rambutan, pulasan and mangosteen trees. 

If you know where I should be looking or who to order from, please let me know.

Happy Gardening,
Sonny

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Rambutan, Pulasan and Mangosteen trees
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 04:22:51 PM »
The botanical garden in caguas has grafted rambutan and seedling mangosteens, never seen pulasan but they have different stuff everytime i go.

I'll be offering grafted and airlayered rambutan pulasan and mangosteen among other plants in a few months.

I do have a couple seedling mangosteens and other plants if you are looking for anything else

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 04:56:37 PM »
The botanical garden in caguas has grafted rambutan and seedling mangosteens, never seen pulasan but they have different stuff everytime i go.

I'll be offering grafted and airlayered rambutan pulasan and mangosteen among other plants in a few months.

I do have a couple seedling mangosteens and other plants if you are looking for anything else

How long are you looking at until fruit on the airlayers and grafted of each?

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 05:46:21 PM »

How long are you looking at until fruit on the airlayers and grafted of each?
I'm not sure how long they take to fruit, but I was told grafted rambutan can fruit in a year depending on the size and care

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 06:53:47 PM »

I messaged them on Facebook and was told them didn't have them.  Maybe they are just out temporarily.  Anyway, let me know when your grafted trees are ready.

I already checked with Jardines Eneida in Cabo Rojo, Gordovan and Panoramic fruit farm.  Montoso is still not selling trees right?

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 07:08:44 PM »
I havent been there in a few months so they probably ran out. And no montoso isn't selling plants.

Most places here arent selling places here like they used to prior to the hurricane. My best source on the island has really been the botanical garden. I'll eventually probably be selling the majority of rare plants here by the end of the year. I'll keep in contact with you once I'm ready

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 07:16:33 PM »
I havent been there in a few months so they probably ran out. And no montoso isn't selling plants.

Most places here arent selling places here like they used to prior to the hurricane. My best source on the island has really been the botanical garden. I'll eventually probably be selling the majority of rare plants here by the end of the year. I'll keep in contact with you once I'm ready

Great.  Thank you.

canito 17

• Puerto rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 08:13:22 PM »
Hi You can check
Nebai fruit Garden

abimael777

• USA Puerto Rico plant zone 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 11:06:54 PM »
Nebai does not have the trees that the friend is asking for (although sometimes he has Rambutan grafts, but right now he does not have them) mostly he has trees with a few hours of cold grafted to produce in PR.

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 10:41:58 AM »
Hi You can check
Nebai fruit Garden

Thanks.  I'll check with them.