Author Topic: apple season  (Read 1535 times)

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
apple season
« on: February 15, 2020, 12:59:22 PM »
Apple season is here!

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
Re: apple season
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 06:26:33 PM »
You know malay apple,star apple!

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 08:04:02 AM »
Do you have some good Malay apples now? What varieties would you suggest for our area? When will they be for sale?

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 09:43:51 AM »
Jay the malay apple fruit very prone to pests here .They are only good in the winter(off season).
This tree came from Borneo (gift) from former director Chris Rollins of fruit and spice park.His first trip to Borneo in the early 1990s.One thing very good about this strain is it fruits 3 to 4 times a year.Been fruiting for a month now with more blooms close behind.
 Hummingbirds love the flowers ,one time there was at least 100 in the tree fighting over the flowers.

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »
Stoked to try those malay apples, star apple was very good!!

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »
Jay the malay apple fruit very prone to pests here .They are only good in the winter(off season).
This tree came from Borneo (gift) from former director Chris Rollins of fruit and spice park.His first trip to Borneo in the early 1990s.One thing very good about this strain is it fruits 3 to 4 times a year.Been fruiting for a month now with more blooms close behind.
 Hummingbirds love the flowers ,one time there was at least 100 in the tree fighting over the flowers.
When will she have some for sale? I'm always looking for something good in the winter season.

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 12:39:07 AM »
Hey Shot, do you have any different star apple varieties or are you using purple and green? I would like to buy some sticks (at the right time) to graft onto my tree. Thank you!
-Chris

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 11:51:50 AM »

Thats a great sounding variety.
If you ever had budwood available please keep me in mind.

I've planted 2 from PIN, one fruit after 8 years (10 tiny white fruit), then never again.
My dad cut it down. It had 10 years to prove itself
I planted one by my house, its been 5 years and nothing.

palmtreeluke

• SW Florida
    • View Profile
    • Green Planet Farm
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 08:15:02 PM »
I enjoyed an 'Anna' Apple this month.  a true apple that doesnt need any chill hours. 
Home of the Chewy Purple Sugar Apple Annona squamosa 'Isan Indigo'
www.greenplanetfarm.com

stephen

• Los Angeles, CA, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 10:08:01 AM »
Hey Shot, do you have any different star apple varieties or are you using purple and green? I would like to buy some sticks (at the right time) to graft onto my tree. Thank you!

OCchris, have you been able to get star apple to fruit in SoCal? I've always thought that it would be a great challenge getting them to do so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk