Author Topic: Cleaning Cupuacu seeds  (Read 898 times)

New_Jungle

• USA, Hi,Hilo, 12b
    • View Profile
Cleaning Cupuacu seeds
« on: May 11, 2020, 06:29:46 PM »
Hi everyone, I was wondering how people are cleaning the pulp off of cupuacu seeds and getting them prepped for planting. The flesh is really stuck to the seeds. Thanks for the tips!
The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time to plant one is now.
Follow me on Instagram: newjunglehawaii

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning Cupuacu seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 07:41:01 PM »
Scrub it off as much as possible with a brush and hydrgoen peroxide to help prevent mold,, use scissors to cut the flesh as well. They germinate for me even with pulp on them.

• 10B Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 08:18:39 AM »
Agreed - using scissors seems to be the preferred way to get the majority of the pulp off.  Labor-intensive, but tastes so good!

New_Jungle

• USA, Hi,Hilo, 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 02:19:58 PM »
Agreed - using scissors seems to be the preferred way to get the majority of the pulp off.  Labor-intensive, but tastes so good!

Thank you for the pics! I’ll try it. What did you add to the drink in your picture? Any good recipes?

Scrub it off as much as possible with a brush and hydrgoen peroxide to help prevent mold,, use scissors to cut the flesh as well. They germinate for me even with pulp on them.

Thank for the info! Sounds good, I’ll give that a shot. I was concerned about them molding up and killing the seed so I will try the peroxide! Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:05:28 PM by New_Jungle »
The best time to plant a fruit tree was 20 years ago. The next best time to plant one is now.
Follow me on Instagram: newjunglehawaii

• 10B Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 07:37:27 AM »
Welcome!  It's a great fruit for drinks, especially if you've got a lot of time to kill.   :)  I think the basic recipe is water, sugar, and ice, but these ones also had some fresh acai berries mixed in. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk