Author Topic: worried about moringa possible dangers  (Read 4588 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
worried about moringa possible dangers
« on: August 11, 2014, 07:56:13 PM »
I've been worried to read this report and similar parts reproduced on the web:

[1] http://www.sacandomelao.com/2012/07/medico-llama-tener-cuidado-con-uso.html

http://taregao.blogspot.com.tr/2012/08/la-moringa-en-exceso-hace-danoopinan.html

http://hoy.com.do/la-moringa-es-abortiva/

Can not find the original cientific sources of these potential studies attesting "collateral damage"

What do you think?

[1] automatic translation:

"Although most people who use the plant moringa freedom or have reported no side effects, this does not mean that eating the organs of this plant is free of them.
We can not be led by enthusiasm, either by simple observation of the beneficial effect of this plant, we're tired of similar stories from other plant species that promise to cure all diseases and for having; but when we submit to the rigor of the scientific method breaks down everything.
Hopefully what moringa attributed to be true, but we must wait with patience that characterizes science and the research process exhausting. It is not advisable to use this plant for medicinal purposes until the correct dose is determined in each case. Similarly it is desirable to estimate the lethal dosage and capable of producing toxicity. Studies are needed pharmacokinetics of the main active ingredients of moringa to get to know the right way to encourage their use.
Have been reported heart damage caused by the consumption of this plant. Also sudden drop of blood glucose levels, which may calculate the dose may help in the treatment of diabetes. Furthermore, it has been found in people who eat moringa, polycythemia vera (increased number of red blood cells), a condition that may increase the risk of acute myocardial infarction, cerebrovascular accident (CVA), dizziness, headache and ringing in the ears. Some people studied after consuming this plant have experienced somnolence, watery stools, dyspepsia, and urticaria.
av / am
Beware popular consumption of moringa or freedom
Moringa or flower of freedom, has been a topic that has been discussed a lot in recent days and it seems that there is a strong commercial interest behind a lot of the information offered on this plant. For that reason alone highlights the benefits of their consumption, and not explained on the damage and risks to oral use is involved.

True Moringa has lots of protein and vegetable and promoters offer mercadológica bodies say this tree has more of this nutrient than milk, but it says that despite the protein content of the leaves be 9.40 per 100 grams, this level is exceeded for any bean with more than twice and more if the black beans. Neither report at any time, with respect to calcium is what gives calcium oxalate and this increases the risk of forming stones in the kidneys.
It also states that the leaves contain more Vitamin A than carrots and more vitamin C than oranges. The first thing to clarify is that it contains vitamin A, what we find in it's B-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A and the second is that the human body does not store vitamin C and excreted in the urine. So you do not need to eat large amounts and any diet with fruits and vegetables provides the daily requirement of this vitamin.
It has not been clear that there are varieties of moringa pod which is poisonous and must establish, in addition, the identification of the species used, the therapeutic dose and the toxic dose lethal in each dose. It is good to report that a testimony is no scientific basis to recommend the use of a plant or any substance, there is a well established protocol must exhaust before authorizing the use of any plant or any product for human consumption. It takes more than ten years before science can allow medicinal use of the plant.
There are many substances identified in the flower of freedom and between them are very promising zeatin, a plant hormone group of cytokines. Also important are the pterigospermina and niazimicina. Of zeatin we report that is an inducer of cell division, that is, stimulates the cells to grow to the level of the plant, if it is this effect in animals and humans can be far to help in the treatment of cancer, worsen a person affected in this disease. The pterigospermina has well known antibiotic action and this could benefit in using the plant to treat some infectious processes, after making the appropriate pharmacological studies.
Not that the author has something against this plant. What happens is that we prevent the damaging effects of moringa and education is the best tool to achieve this.

BY ARSENE MEDINA ESTEVEZ / PHYSICIAN"
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge of the Masters
Re: worried about moringa possible dangers
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:43:09 PM »
No worries people have been eating all parts of the plant for thousands of years. The only part is the roots that shouldn't be eatin, but even so small amounts of the roots haven't showed any ill effect in small doses and has also been eatin for thousands of years.

All these studies are just to confuse people like they do with so many other herbs and trees because they work too good, and remember anything that works too good their going to use the excuse that it hasn't been properly scientifically studied, Yet people have been eating it in India and elsewhere in the world for thousands of years as part of their main diet. So who cares what science has to say, i'll trust time proven over isolating certain things from the plant and saying that its toxic in high doses even tho you couldnt even eat that much of what they say is toxic in it eating the plant all day everyday.

No worries man its a miracle tree.

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:00:13 AM »
No worries people have been eating all parts of the plant for thousands of years. The only part is the roots that shouldn't be eatin, but even so small amounts of the roots haven't showed any ill effect in small doses and has also been eatin for thousands of years.

All these studies are just to confuse people like they do with so many other herbs and trees because they work too good, and remember anything that works too good their going to use the excuse that it hasn't been properly scientifically studied, Yet people have been eating it in India and elsewhere in the world for thousands of years as part of their main diet. So who cares what science has to say, i'll trust time proven over isolating certain things from the plant and saying that its toxic in high doses even tho you couldnt even eat that much of what they say is toxic in it eating the plant all day everyday.

No worries man its a miracle tree.

Everything is toxic, what varies is the dosage.

Even water can kill you if you drink too much.

I would just stay away from the roots,   as for leafs, and pods,  eat em up.

coincidentally I have had Moringa Tea for the last couple nights,  as I cut my wobbly tree in half.   but saved a lot of the greens. 
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

From the sea

• Big Island Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 06:03:02 AM »
how is the tea?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
Thank you all for responding and pointing out their views. He was sure that behind all this propaganda against the moringa in articles in Spanish had an interesting story, because I see that there is no malice in articles in English against the species.

Then I wrote a Spanish expert on the subject (tropicdude, maybe you can confirm this story about moringa an your country), which gave me the seeds, and said:

I have seen your comments and interest towards the use of moringa. DO NOT WORRY, these reports and studies have little scientific validity and some are interested in the pharmaceutical industry.

I was in Dominican republic cock and started to consume moringa and saw that in many places ignored it and some people told me I affected your daily intake to liver and kidney. I Logically care, but do not stop eating it, but not usually. I was asking people especially those in the rural, Many habitually consumed and wise benefits and others ignored them, until I met a reporter from there and told me the history and to a few years the consumption boom that has root fidel castro was cured of his cancer. Watch this VIDEO *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M2t2HHBpLM

* WORLDWIDE MORINGA selling and consuming. Consumption of medicines on a lot for that boom and from there was launched by the Dominican media intentionally discrediting campaign and instilling fear in the consumption of moringa, what people consume moringa leave radically. I REALIZED THAT THERE IS NOT BAD AS THEY PAINTED For liver and kidney or heart if several in your feed. *

* HERE I Send YOU THE STORY OF 2013 *

http://hoy.com.do/adios-la-moringa/

* Well, I say do not be afraid of consuming moringa THAT NOTHING HAPPENS, Nor you inflate with it because everything in excess is not good, but it is a medicinal and nutritional plant without any doubt. *
ONLINE SHOP:

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:04 AM »
I personally think that discord appears encouraged by the fact that the dried leaves have a huge concentration of nutrients such as iron (28mg / 100g) or calcium (2000 mg / 100g), which is not as noticeable if we eat the leaves natural (0,85mg / 100gr iron, or 440mg / 100g calcium) ... "going over the dose" is much more logical to consume dried leaves. In this sense, it is understandable that some doctors get away with words of caution to people ... but so should do about any vitamin supplements!

Finally, one of the most serious about the properties of the moringa and its relevance in terms of kind items that should be studied is that of Trees For Life:

http://www.huertasurbanas.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Moringa-Estudios-PROPIEDADES.pdf
ONLINE SHOP:

franciscu

• USA Florida Boca Raton 33431 (2.5 km from ocean) 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »
My wife's uncle was a pharmacist. His definition of a 'poison' was 'TOO MUCH'!

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 01:37:13 AM »
Part of the problem with the Moringa in the D.R. was that a year or so ago,  it was this big rage, it was so popular people were selling it on street corners, everyone on TV was raving about the benefits,  and here is the problem,  "outlandish claims"  it would cure anything and everything,  so people started taking it,  of course reality sets in and, the fad fades.

Moringa does have some medicinal properties, and yes it is very nutritious by weight,   and here is the other problem I have with people pushing healthy food in misleading ways.

When they tell you that Moringa has more all this Calcium, or Iron or whatever,  compared to milk and spinach etc.  what readers do not take into account is the amount they have to take,  they are comparing 100g of dried Moringa leaves with 100g of Milk, or eggs etc.    frankly its a lot easier to eat 100g of eggs, milk ,  carrots etc,  than 100g of dried moringa leaves.

As for the taste,  the raw leaves taste a bit peppery,  tee taste a little like other "greens" not bitter or bad tasting, I usually add something else for more flavor, Star anise,  a leaf of all spice,  or Sacred Basil. 

Moringa is a good tree to have around,  you can make another kind of tea from it,  to use on your plants.  there is another thread on this,  good for powdery mildew, and acts as a bio stimulant for plants.   and all those "nutrients" in moringa, can foliar feed your other plants. 
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

From the sea

• Big Island Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 06:24:20 AM »
thanks for the info  more uses for a tree the better i have 8 of them growing at my dads coral farm

waldi1

• Mexico, Guerrero, Zihuatanejo, 13b 17.60 N, 101.46W
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 08:58:17 PM »
Well said buddyguygreen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk