Author Topic: Jaboticaba - ID please?  (Read 2344 times)

shafak

• India, Chennai 13°N 80°E Köppen: Aw Elevation 6 m (20 ft)
    • View Profile
Jaboticaba - ID please?
« on: July 07, 2018, 10:45:05 AM »
I just received some seeds of jaboticaba from Brazil.  The sender is unable to say what specie except that it's a jaboticaba.  These are the pictures of the tree.  Could someone please ID it?  Thank you.

Gl🌍bal plant seeds

• India 🇮🇳 🥝🍌🍍🥑🍅🍋🍎🍑🍒🍉🌶🍊
    • View Profile
Re: Jaboticaba - ID please?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:50:13 AM »
When you buy seeds ? Brazil now very problem can't seed sending from brazil now..brazilian customs  very problem

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 01:59:43 AM »
When you buy seeds ? Brazil now very problem can't seed sending from brazil now..brazilian customs  very problem

I don't think there is any problem with Brazilian customs now. 

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 02:01:14 AM »
50+ views and not a single reply :(.  Are the pictures too small to identify? 

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 04:54:55 PM »
Maybe Sabará, Jaboticaba comum.

I just received some seeds of jaboticaba from Brazil.  The sender is unable to say what specie except that it's a jaboticaba.  These are the pictures of the tree.  Could someone please ID it?  Thank you.

Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 05:04:02 AM »
I have asked the sender to try and ask around if it is this one.  BTW, as soon as I received the seeds, I have soaked them in water.  They were in transit for about 20 days and arrived dried up.  I change the water thrice daily.  It's the second day now.  Still the water turns brown.  Any reason for that?  Also, will these germinate?

nelesedulis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 07:55:01 AM »
Usually jabuticaba seeds are very resistant, after this period they should reach their destination almost germinated.

About customs of Brazil, you are lucky, most of the packages are actually being held and returned.

Friday I received pagodas with myrtacea seeds that I sent in March and all arrived with my hand sprouted.

I suggest you plant the seeds and draw the water as it can ferment.

as I said by the photos it has everything to be jabuticaba Sabará, but anyway, nothing better than the response of those who posted the seeds.

I have asked the sender to try and ask around if it is this one.  BTW, as soon as I received the seeds, I have soaked them in water.  They were in transit for about 20 days and arrived dried up.  I change the water thrice daily.  It's the second day now.  Still the water turns brown.  Any reason for that?  Also, will these germinate?

Facebook
Alexandre Neles

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »
The seeds were not packed in any moist agents.  So, they arrived dried up.  That is why I am soaking it for a few days now.  Also, I am changing the water 2 to 3 times daily.  Even by doing this, it can ferment :o ?

Usually jabuticaba seeds are very resistant, after this period they should reach their destination almost germinated.

About customs of Brazil, you are lucky, most of the packages are actually being held and returned.

Friday I received pagodas with myrtacea seeds that I sent in March and all arrived with my hand sprouted.

as I said by the photos it has everything to be jabuticaba Sabará, but anyway, nothing better than the response of those who posted the seeds.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:56:40 AM by guardian123abc »

nelesedulis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »

I suggest you plant the seeds, the soil contained in the soil will do this job, it's good to check if the seeds are still alive, you just make a small cut and check if they are pink or purple, if they are brown, the chances are too small to germinate.

The seeds were not packed in any moist agents.  So, they arrived dried up.  That is why I am soaking it for a few days now.  Also, I am changing the water 2 to 3 times daily.  Even by doing this, it can ferment :o ?

Facebook
Alexandre Neles

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 01:27:56 PM »
I planted all the seeds in soil.  I don't want to take any chance of damaging the seed ;D.  I hope they sprout.  If all conditions are right, how many days do these seed take to germinate?

I suggest you plant the seeds, the soil contained in the soil will do this job, it's good to check if the seeds are still alive, you just make a small cut and check if they are pink or purple, if they are brown, the chances are too small to germinate.

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 01:48:07 PM »
Usually in about 30 days , I put a lot of jab. seeds in a zip-lock bag with moist vermiculite , just for a test , they all germinated in less than 30 days .
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

shafak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 02:12:17 PM »
Usually in about 30 days , I put a lot of jab. seeds in a zip-lock bag with moist vermiculite , just for a test , they all germinated in less than 30 days .

Thanks for the input, Luc.

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 01:27:55 PM »
White Jabo are the only seeds I am having hard time with, but like Luc said most of my other varieties have germinated less in 30 days.