Author Topic: Parafilm Nursery Grafting Tape For Members, Special Price  (Read 4513 times)

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
Parafilm Nursery Grafting Tape For Members, Special Price
« on: May 24, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »
FYI - We all have debated over Parafilm vs Buddy Tape. Buddy Tape is very good and comes at a steeper price and those using parafilm M is not suitable for grafting.

Parafilm Makes special Nursery Graffing tape and if you choose to use parafilm, I would recommend this new tape. I was able to get a very decent bulk price, folks are selling at these prices if buught 6 rolls or more,

http://ugexports.hostedbyamazon.com/Parafilm%C2%AE-Nursery-Grafting-Clear-Genuine/dp/B0085OFNUK

Forum Members, use UGEoff15 at Checkout to get additional 15% discount.

Happy Grafting.

adiel

• Zone 10b Miami FL
    • View Profile
Re: Parafilm Nursery Grafting Tape For Members, Special Price
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
Behl, thanks for sharing.  This is the correct parafilm which does not crack.  I have been using the parafilm nursery grafting tape for a couple of years now.  By the way, if you want to get it for even cheaper, check out Oesco.  Here is a link to the tape on their site:

http://www.oescoinc.com/parafilm-nursery-grafting-tape.html

You can get a box of 6 1" rolls of this stuff for $18.90.  That is 6 ROLLS FOR $18.90 !!   One roll of buddy tape costs more than that.  Like I mentioned in other postings, I have never had any issue using the parafilm nursery grafting tape.
Adiel

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
Its a personal choice of course! if something sells one roll well over the price of 6 of another, there has to be a reason. Kia (Parafilm) and BMW (Buddy Tape) both get you to ride and reach destination, however not both will have similar results in a major accident.

The two are completely different products.

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 01:28:48 AM »
Wait, are these meant to be used to bind grafts? I've always used them to seal scions.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 01:34:39 AM »
On Apple, Pear, Plums, you could use these for binding as well, I have successfully used it with no other form of tying. On stubborn grafts where union may swell such as Cherimoya, we need separate biding such as rubber band or gree tie tape